April 21, 2014, 11:45:17 AM

Author Topic: Sales rumors for Canon EOS Rebel T2i ?  (Read 3173 times)

tidalwarrior

Sales rumors for Canon EOS Rebel T2i ?
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »
I plan on getting my first DSLR soon and have it narrowed done to the T2i.   Has anyone heard of any rumors of upcoming sales and rebates?   This is the camera that I really want but its a little above my budget right now.  Just wondering if anyone is familar with Canon's sales trends.   

,Ricky     

canon rumors FORUM

Sales rumors for Canon EOS Rebel T2i ?
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:26:08 PM »

LFG530

Re: Sales rumors for Canon EOS Rebel T2i ?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:50:30 PM »
The t2i sells pretty well (at least where I work) and is about 150$ less than the t3i, I don't see it's price going down more than 50$ in 2011...

Act444

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 04:57:02 PM »
Nothing I know of...

But, also check the used/refurbished market. You might be able to get a really good deal that way as opposed to buying it new.

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:26 PM »
I plan on getting my first DSLR soon and have it narrowed done to the T2i.   Has anyone heard of any rumors of upcoming sales and rebates?   This is the camera that I really want but its a little above my budget right now.  Just wondering if anyone is familar with Canon's sales trends.   

,Ricky   

I'd sure check used and refurbs. Canons refurbs are basically like new, A t2i with lens is $640.  $800 is pretty steep for a new one.

http://shop.usa.canon.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10051_10051_267070_-1

Edwin Herdman

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 06:37:20 PM »
That is a pretty good price!

Figure this could be a point worth raising:  Canon refurbs have apparently caused some confusion before...sample thread, "Canon USA refurb" vs. Factory refurb.  Just pointing that out:  In scalesusa's link you can click on a "included" tab and see everything looks to be included.

In other kinds of computer hardware sales I've noticed that refurbished items usually don't include a lot of the "extra" bits that you soon sorely miss when they're not there (maybe even cables and mounting items, for example).

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »
That is a pretty good price!

Figure this could be a point worth raising:  Canon refurbs have apparently caused some confusion before...sample thread, "Canon USA refurb" vs. Factory refurb.  Just pointing that out:  In scalesusa's link you can click on a "included" tab and see everything looks to be included.

In other kinds of computer hardware sales I've noticed that refurbished items usually don't include a lot of the "extra" bits that you soon sorely miss when they're not there (maybe even cables and mounting items, for example).

One more thing, if you have or can lay hands on a old non working film slr or a point and shoot, call Canon for their customer loyalty deals.  Save 20% off their refurb price on select equipment.  Old Rebel film bodies can be had for $5.00.  They are supposed to be non working, but they do not really care, just say the shutter sticks.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 11:53:41 PM »