Gear Talk > Lenses

Need some advise: light sensitive lens indoors

(1/4) > >>

candyman:
I am looking for a lightsensitive lens for indoors use.
I have some lenses i.e. 135mm f/2 L that are lightsensitive but very often its focal length is too much.

Personally I like the flexibility of having a zoom when taking photo's indoors since not always I know how much space there is. And, the lens should be easy to handle from size and weight point of view (so my 70-200 f/2.8 is less convenient here)

My budget is max. 1000 euro

The Canon 24-70 MK II L is not an option from pricing point of view. Neither is the Canon 85mm f/1.2 L

I am considering either the Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC or the Sigma 85mm f/1.4
I know I know, I already own the 24-105 but this lens is my outdoors walkaround lens. So I don't mind overlap

Can anyone share his/her experience about the Tamron and/or the Sigma?
And, what would you do?

wickidwombat:
the sigma 85 f1.4

I dont trust tamron at all

candyman:

--- Quote from: wickidwombat on November 08, 2012, 03:24:04 AM ---the sigma 85 f1.4

I dont trust tamron at all

--- End quote ---

I have read some reviews on both lenses.
What are your pros and Cons on the Sigma from personal use?

Ryan708:
the 2nd to front element in the tamron is glued in place with 3 dots of glue, if you dont treat it like an activated mine there are a lot of cases of the element coming loose and rattling around inside. What about a used 24-70 /2.8 mark I? that should only be a tad over your budget. I used a 50mm on my crop-body indoors, and unless you have a lot of room, I found the 80mm equivelent a little too tight. ever think of the sigma/canon 50mm 1.4?

candyman:
In fact, I do own the Sigma 50mm f/1.4
I was very pleased using it on my 7D. But it is not so good using it on my 5D MK3. I really look for better qualiy for my FF

I currently see an used Canon 24-70 MK I for sale. But, I remember that people wrote about issues with earlier model. Do you know what range in serialnumbers are the ones to avoid?

And, review claim that the Tamron is better than the Canon 24-70 MKI. But do I really notice when not pixelpeeping?

EDIT: oh, I forgot: the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 MK I is listed in group B of lenses for my 5D MK3. Meaning is using only 1 double crosspoint f/2.8 instead of 5. I don't know how much of difference that makes when shooting indoors with low light.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version