Gear Talk > Technical Support

Missing Images from 5D Mark III CF Card

(1/2) > >>

kferguson:
I have a 5D Mark III, and was luckily using 2 cards.  RAW to the CF (a Lexar 1000x 16GB UDMA7 card) and JPG to the SD Card.  During the middle of a shoot, over 130 images wrote successfully to the SD Card, but never were recorded as RAW Files.

Any thoughts as to why?  Any thoughts on how to fix it?

Over 100 images in RAW wrote to the CF card after the missing images and ALL images were written as JPGS.

Thanks!

Mt Spokane Photography:
Usually missing images are a issue with a card reader that does not recognize udma7 or some other incompatability.
Put the CF card in the camera and see if the images are really there.  A number of people have had issues with their card readers and udma 7 cards.  Apparently one of the early usb3 readers had issues and a firmware update fixes it.

rpt:

--- Quote from: Mt Spokane Photography on November 08, 2012, 08:54:26 PM ---Usually missing images are a issue with a card reader that does not recognize udma7 or some other incompatability.
Put the CF card in the camera and see if the images are really there.  A number of people have had issues with their card readers and udma 7 cards.  Apparently one of the early usb3 readers had issues and a firmware update fixes it.

--- End quote ---
Good point. I always download my images directly from camera via the EOS utility. Why don't you try that...

kferguson:
I checked the CF card and the images ARE NOT THERE.  Images before and after the missing files were written just fine, but these 130+ are not on the card.

All images were on the SD card as JPGS. 

Any thoughts?

tron:
Try rescuePro or something similar to see if you can recover any raw images from the CF card. Please let us know.
Many of us (including me) have 5DMkIII so it is only natural to be alarmed. It is not as if you lost 1 or 2 pictures. 130 pictures are too many!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version