Gear Talk > EOS-M

EOS M EF to M Mount Adapter with 70-200 f/4L IS Sample Images

(1/2) > >>

H and B Digital:
JUST SHIPPED and in stock!!!  I just took the Canon EOS M out with an EF 70-200 f/4L IS attached via the EF-EOS M Mount Adapter.  WOW.  This opens up a whole new set of possibilities . . .

First, the setup:

Results?

Does it solve the focusing issues of the EOS M?  NOPE.

But is it ridiculously cool to walk around with a big lens and a tiny camera?  ABSOLUTELY.  Image quality is darn good too.

More images and a Hands on Review of the EOS M:  http://ow.ly/fa4qk.

Happy shooting,
Dan at HandBdigital

Dylan777:
I don't understand, why people putting a "L" lens on mirrorless body :-\ It just looks so stupid.

Dear Mr. Canon,
If you ever decide on FF mirrorless, please make sure you include some decent pancake lenses.

gmrza:

--- Quote from: Dylan777 on November 11, 2012, 12:22:49 AM ---I don't understand, why people putting a "L" lens on mirrorless body :-\ It just looks so stupid.

--- End quote ---

If your mirrorless body is your second (or third, or fourth, or fifth, or sixth...) body, being able to attach any EF lens is a nice feature to have.  For instance, if you travel with a DLSR and a mirrorless body, you have your compact and backup bodies provided by the EOS-M.  (To establish whether that kind of setup is ideal is left as an exercise for the reader.)

For Canon, the EF mount adapter is a compromise to make the system look more flexible through the period when there are very few native lenses.

FWIW: I'm still not convinced of being to properly hand-hold a body which has no EVF (or eye-level viewfinder of any kind) with such a big lens attached.

noncho:
I would go for 22/2 pancake and 100/2 for EOS-M, maybe with the next tiny body ;)

Dylan777:

--- Quote from: gmrza on November 12, 2012, 12:46:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dylan777 on November 11, 2012, 12:22:49 AM ---I don't understand, why people putting a "L" lens on mirrorless body :-\ It just looks so stupid.

--- End quote ---

If your mirrorless body is your second (or third, or fourth, or fifth, or sixth...) body, being able to attach any EF lens is a nice feature to have.  For instance, if you travel with a DLSR and a mirrorless body, you have your compact and backup bodies provided by the EOS-M.  (To establish whether that kind of setup is ideal is left as an exercise for the reader.)

For Canon, the EF mount adapter is a compromise to make the system look more flexible through the period when there are very few native lenses.

FWIW: I'm still not convinced of being to properly hand-hold a body which has no EVF (or eye-level viewfinder of any kind) with such a big lens attached.

--- End quote ---

IF I travel with my DSLR and EF lenses...I'm just don't I see the benefits of mirrorless with adapter etc. and if you are wedding shooter, I don't think mirrorless is a good choice as backup.

Don't forget the fundamental or primary reason of mirrorless: compact & pocketable & travel friendly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version