July 28, 2014, 12:49:07 AM

Author Topic: Cinematic Street Photography0  (Read 16682 times)

Tastino0

Cinematic Street Photography0
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »

Hi, I'm Tastino0, new for this forum, but I follow you for a while.
I'm From Florence. Waiting for 5DMIII. And this is best forum for Canon Rumors and user opinions.

I want to share with you my work, this is my Flickr Stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tastino0/
This is a Cinematic and Street Photography, I'm trying to catch life moments that for most part can be part of movies, can make emotions, can tell a story. My motto is One Story Behind Every Shot.
I have a project, [Life Is Art] Project 365 • 2011: one photo a day for telling life as a movie, now I arrived at day #149. Hope you enjoy my work.

- This is my Facebook Fan Page with special and exclusive content inside as "Mobile [camera] Content" and "Video [mobile] Scenic Moments": https://www.facebook.com/Tastino0Photography0

- And this is my Twitter Page: twitter.com/tastino0

Please joint me if you like, Special Contents are only for Facebook Fan Page, not Flickr :)
Happy to be part of this community too, now.

Click You Soon0 - Tastino0.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 01:29:36 AM by Tastino0 »

canon rumors FORUM

Cinematic Street Photography0
« on: June 01, 2011, 04:57:17 PM »

WarStreet

Re: Cinematic Street Photography0
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 05:39:52 PM »
TastinoO, nice work. I really like street photography.

Do you try to hide yourself from the people, or you just shot without caring about their reactions ?

Tastino0

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:47:13 PM »
TastinoO, nice work. I really like street photography.

Do you try to hide yourself from the people, or you just shot without caring about their reactions ?

Thank you! :)
Sometimes I hide from subjects, sometime don't care and smile them after.
People ask me to sent them my shots.

WarStreet

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 06:10:34 PM »
I noticed you are using the 85mm, and that you are not that far away from the subject. I did try to take street photography with 70-200 + 1.4 TC so to have distance advantage, but in shorter distance, the white lens get noticed. I definitely need to learn from your work, and will check your flickr account frequently !

Tastino0

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2011, 01:27:04 AM »
Yes, for a better shot you have to be near the subject, I suppose.
Thank you! :)

bnice

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2011, 05:55:41 PM »
Hi, I am a new member, too, and have been reading this great forum for a while.   Tastino0, I just signed up to comment on your post.  I checked out your flickr site, and I love your photos!  How are you processing the photos to give them their cinematic look?

Thank you, Tastino0, and thank you to all the members!

Will

Kamera Obscura

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:02 PM »
Certainly don't want to speak for Tastino0

One of the reasons for the cinematic feel is the way the shoots been framed, wide screen/ letter box.

Very cool shoots!!

Best,
dario.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2011, 08:15:02 PM »

Tastino0

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 03:40:31 AM »
Hi, I am a new member, too, and have been reading this great forum for a while.   Tastino0, I just signed up to comment on your post.  I checked out your flickr site, and I love your photos!  How are you processing the photos to give them their cinematic look?

Thank you, Tastino0, and thank you to all the members!

Will

Certainly don't want to speak for Tastino0

One of the reasons for the cinematic feel is the way the shoots been framed, wide screen/ letter box.

Very cool shoots!!

Best,
dario.

Yes, the 16/9 aspect ratio help but it is not necessary.
Shot may tell a story even if in normal size.

I'm very happy my work been appreciated! Thanks you all, I can't unveil my processing technique, this is my personal secret. What you have to do, in common situations, is desaturate and light on certain colors, or tones.

bnice

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 02:35:12 PM »
We all have secret processes.  I was just wondering if you'd like to share yours ;) ha ha!   Keep up the great work, Tastino0! 

Happy shooting,

Will

Kamera Obscura

« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 04:54:27 PM »
Kind of know what is going on here, but we certainly going got respect Tastino0's trick of the trade. So it's all top secret!

What I like is that all shoots are on of a kind. don't ever expect to see another one. These are human prototypes frozen in a split second.

Sadly I can't say the same for the millions of shots of, IE: pots and plants, the Chinese wall, bird on the wire, countless of sunsets etc etc etc ........

Be cool use Canon,

dario.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 03:38:07 PM »
I noticed you are using the 85mm, and that you are not that far away from the subject. I did try to take street photography with 70-200 + 1.4 TC so to have distance advantage, but in shorter distance, the white lens get noticed. I definitely need to learn from your work, and will check your flickr account frequently !

I'm considernig picking up the 200mm f/2.8L II USM for this type of thing.

You lose the ability to zoom, but you're not as exposed as it's a stealth L telephoto :)
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

Tastino0

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2011, 06:30:45 AM »

I'm considernig picking up the 200mm f/2.8L II USM for this type of thing.

You lose the ability to zoom, but you're not as exposed as it's a stealth L telephoto :)

I would prefer a 135L (I will buy it soon). I don't like to be too far long from my subjects.

zerotiu

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »
wow....your images color is super! Frankly speaking, I want to learn to make it too :D

Greetings from Asia  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »

Tastino0

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2011, 08:55:57 AM »
wow....your images color is super! Frankly speaking, I want to learn to make it too :D

Greetings from Asia  ;)
So gentle! Thank you man!

ssrdd

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2011, 01:14:30 PM »
very good pictures man

bests
shiva.

canon rumors FORUM