Gear Talk > Technical Support

EOS Utility/FoCal not recognizing 5D3 in Win8 64-bit

<< < (2/8) > >>

cliffwang:
Seeing files on 5D3 and control 5D3 are two different things.  Accessing 5D3 file is via mass storage driver, which is a Windows building driver.  Controlling 5D3 must go through Canon driver.  If you have problem to use EOS Utility, that means the Canon driver doesn't work on your system.  You have better check if there is any driver problem from device manager.  If there is a problem, you need to reinstall the driver.  If there is no problem, you have better contact with Canon for newer driver.  You also can try the compatibility mode for your EOS Utility.  Don't complain to FoCal because FoCal works via EOS Utility. 

PeterJ:
Try a different USB port for a start if you haven't already, I know it won't be the hardware because your copy but sometimes the drivers seem to get bound differently between ports. In the past (not sure if it applies to Win8) if I've had problems with USB devices not being recognised or doing odd things I've removed and re-installed all the USB controllers as described here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310575

cocopop05:
I can confirm I am having the same issue. 

I am using a HP Z800 workstation (Just in case it matters - Dual Xeon's - X5570, 12GB ECC RAM, Quadro 5000, Intel 320 series SSD, Intel USB2.0).  My Z800 was running Win 7 Pro 64-bit with no issues.  I deleted the partition on my C Drive on my Z800, then formatted it, then clean installed Win 8 Pro 64-Bit.

The 5D Mark III is detected fine in Windows, no errors and listed correctly. 

I have tried setting the program as 'run as an administrator'. I have also tried running in all the Compatibility modes.  I have 9 USB ports on the Z800, I have tried all of them.  I have also tried running off a powered USB Hub.  None of these things helped, the issue is still there.

I believe this is likely to be an issue with the Canon software and we will need to wait for an update or new version from Canon.

Happy to be proved wrong of course :)

squarebox:
I have done a clean install of the old version and newest version.  I have uninstalled FOcal as well to see if it was interfering with the EOS utility, but no dice.

I have tried all the USB ports on my machine as well.

rpt:

--- Quote from: squarebox on November 10, 2012, 06:12:26 AM ---I have done a clean install of the old version and newest version.  I have uninstalled FOcal as well to see if it was interfering with the EOS utility, but no dice.

I have tried all the USB ports on my machine as well.

--- End quote ---
Does the EOS utility detect any other camera?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version