Rumors > Lenses

Will canon make an 85f2 IS?

(1/5) > >>

wickidwombat:
I pretty much shoot my sigma 85 at f2 most of the time because I find dof too shallow on 1.4 and really only go to 1.4 due to extreme low light so an 85 f2 with IS that sharp wide open might tempt me. Especially if is smaller and more compact. Since it seems canon are putting IS on all the non L primes I think this is a possibility just when is the big question?

dolina:
I would not be surprised if Canon were to make an EF 85mm f/1.8 USM with IS. A f/2 is unlikely.

I would also expect them to make an IS version for the following

EF 20mm f/2.8 USM
EF 28 f/1.8 USM
EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
EF 50mm f/1.8 II
EF 100mm f/2 USM
EF 135mm f/2.8 with Softfocus
EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro

That is the trend for non-L EF lenses. Just add IS at the same f-number and focal length.

jhanken:

--- Quote ---That is the trend for non-L EF lenses. Just add IS at the same f-number and focal length.
--- End quote ---

I noticed that the non-"L" category seems to be getting all the love.  I think the 135MM f/2 L would be a cool lens to get the IS treatment, although the price would likely get a little crazy.

symmar22:

--- Quote from: dolina on November 09, 2012, 05:16:58 PM ---I would not be surprised if Canon were to make an EF 85mm f/1.8 USM with IS. A f/2 is unlikely.

I would also expect them to make an IS version for the following

EF 20mm f/2.8 USM
EF 28 f/1.8 USM
EF 50mm f/1.4 USM
EF 50mm f/1.8 II
EF 100mm f/2 USM
EF 135mm f/2.8 with Softfocus
EF 50mm f/2.5 Compact Macro

That is the trend for non-L EF lenses. Just add IS at the same f-number and focal length.

--- End quote ---

add a 180mm Macro please...

elflord:

--- Quote from: wickidwombat on November 09, 2012, 05:05:50 PM ---I pretty much shoot my sigma 85 at f2 most of the time because I find dof too shallow on 1.4 and really only go to 1.4 due to extreme low light so an 85 f2 with IS that sharp wide open might tempt me. Especially if is smaller and more compact. Since it seems canon are putting IS on all the non L primes I think this is a possibility just when is the big question?

--- End quote ---

f/2.8 and it will cost about as much as the Sigma 85 (and almost as much as the 135L)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version