Gear Talk > Lighting

Canon Speedlite 90EX (EOS-M) - master capable on all EOS bodies?

<< < (3/5) > >>

Trovador:
I was also thinking about the Yongnuo st-e2, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the 6D.

Quasimodo:

--- Quote from: DB on November 10, 2012, 02:58:28 PM ---The effective range (about 5 meters) is very limited, plus it states that AF assist beam does not fire in wireless mode

--- End quote ---

Just out of curiosity... I am away on holidays and don't have the manuals lying around. How many meters does the ST-E2 cover, as well as the 580 EX II and 600 EX RT  that I have too? I have only used the ST - E2 to control my three flashes in a studio, so I have not been concerned about the meters yet, but it is interesting.

G.

scyrene:
This is so awesome. I got the 90EX bundled with the EOS M (and it wasn't advertised as such, so a true bonus), and now I can use the 600EX-RT truly off camera at last! What an awesome function to add to such a tiny flash unit.

Jim Saunders:

--- Quote from: Trovador on December 19, 2012, 03:18:54 PM ---I was also thinking about the Yongnuo st-e2, but I'm not sure if it's compatible with the 6D.

--- End quote ---

I was going to suggest this and their lights rather than screwing around with optical triggering.  There is another thread here somewhere (here) discussing what it can do.  The idea of firing Canon-type wireless lights with a different-brand body is intriguing.

Jim

jdramirez:
Here's a quick question....

Can you use the flash to trigger two off camera groups (yes), while at the same time using it to provide fill flash?

If it works like the 60d's built in flash the answer has to be yes.... but I'm not sure.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version