Image & Video Galleries > HDR - High Dynamic Range

Sepia Tone or Black and White HDR's

<< < (2/4) > >>

dasgetier:
@!ex, your shots are absolutely awesome

@!ex:

--- Quote from: dasgetier on November 15, 2012, 03:49:48 AM ---@!ex, your shots are absolutely awesome

--- End quote ---

Thanks!

Here is another...

Saint Louis cemetery #1, the oldest above ground cemetery in New Orleans.  Made Famous by the acid trip scene in the classic movie Easy Rider.  These above ground crypts can hold upwards of 200 bodies, and this cemetery is still active today, although many of the tombs lie in ruins.

Above Ground... by @!ex, on Flickr

Haydn1971:
HDR is ideal for these "non colour" images - I often just cringe at the colour HDR images that I see

blaydese:
 :o

Even in black and white, mine look like crap.   :'(

peace.   :(

wickidwombat:

--- Quote from: blaydese on January 11, 2013, 07:52:12 PM --- :o

Even in black and white, mine look like crap.   :'(

peace.   :(

--- End quote ---

the main problem with your processing is you are destroying the contrast, you need to keep shadows and b&w relies heavily on contrast and shadows vs highlights

try adjusting your black point so you keep some shadow (you can have shadow that contains detail. (this helps improve the realism) also dont try to pull the shadows up to the same exposure as the highlights try increase the shadow detail so you can see in clearly but try keep it a little below the mid tones

also pull the highlights down a little helps to flatten the image but again if you do it too much the image looks to flat.

if your lenses are not naturally very contrasty it might benefit you to increase the overall contrast a bit too

shadows are just as important as light!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version