Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Stills

Does anybody think the 1dx price will come down for the holidays...why?

(1/19) > >>

Northstar:
Looking to buy a 1dx but wondering about a price drop for the holidays.  Does anybody remember from past experience how long after release the 1 series bodies price declined?

neuroanatomist:
Unlikely. It's not exactly a consumer product.  I asked my Zeiss rep about Christmas specials on confocal microscopes - he laughed.

Viggo:
If remember correctly the mk4 dropped quite å lot much sooner than the 1d X, from my knowledge the 1d X is still limited in stores and I don't really see a reason for it to drop in general. But now even more due to the global price increase from Canon from November..

nightbreath:
Just look at 1D IV price history:

Personally I don't see any reasons to wait. It's not about a thousand of dollars, it can be just 2-3 hundreds, but is that something you are going to wait for?

Standard:

--- Quote ---Looking to buy a 1dx but wondering about a price drop for the holidays.  Does anybody remember from past experience how long after release the 1 series bodies price declined?
--- End quote ---

Seriously, if you're considering the 1D-X as a purchase then I don't think money should be an issue. It's a pro camera for a pro user. It should paid for itself within the first few gigs. And no. I don't think Canon's flagship camera will be dropping in price over the holidays anytime soon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version