Gear Talk > Third Party Manufacturers

Monopod & Head recommendations

(1/3) > >>

mStevens:
What monopod / head combination do you recommend for shooting soccer. I guess I am more concerned with the head attachment. I want something that moves smoothly. I have a cheap monopod that I used this weekend and I am thinking I may need to upgrade. I did not have a head on it, so it did not move very smoothly.

neuroanatomist:
How much lens do you need to support?

I've previously used a Manfrotto 694CX carbon fiber monopod with the 234 tilt head (and a Wimberley C-12 clamp on top for AS plates).  Sturdy, light, pretty smooth and supports up to a 70-200/2.8 or 100-400 with a gripped body.

I currently have a Really Right Stuff MC-34 carbon fiber monopod with the MH-02 Pro head.  Simply awesome.  Supports my 1D X + 600mm f/4L IS II just fine.

charlesa:
Never saw the need for a tilting head while shooting football, waterpolo or performances.

crasher8:
I use a Giottos pod with a 234rc head, just works. NIce thing about monopods is their simplicity, ergo less choices!

mStevens:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on November 12, 2012, 01:27:22 PM ---How much lens do you need to support?

I've previously used a Manfrotto 694CX carbon fiber monopod with the 234 tilt head (and a Wimberley C-12 clamp on top for AS plates).  Sturdy, light, pretty smooth and supports up to a 70-200/2.8 or 100-400 with a gripped body.

I currently have a Really Right Stuff MC-34 carbon fiber monopod with the MH-02 Pro head.  Simply awesome.  Supports my 1D X + 600mm f/4L IS II just fine.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the recommendations. I need support for a 70-200, so I think you first suggestion would work for me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version