August 02, 2014, 02:54:02 AM

Author Topic: Australia: coming lower prices for Canon equipment?  (Read 3155 times)

dr croubie

• 1D X
  • Too many photos, too little time.
    • View Profile
Re: Australia: coming lower prices for Canon equipment?
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »
Meanwhile, this may or may not be related to the DJ's article or not, but WTF is this 'Click Frenzy' thingy?
This Article is the first I've heard about it today (just randomly browsing the news in my lunchbreak), and some of the comments there say the same thing. There's also this about it but i can't watch vids at work.

So what, Aussie websites try to emulate the experiences of shopping online that the rest of the world have done for years?
But they forget the most important part being the lower prices?
Sounds typical to me.

*wanders back to Adorama and B+H*

It's a shame that lower OS prices only really apply to postable things, electronics and cameras and CDs and books and whatnot. I need a new Fridge for the new house, I wonder what the postage on that would be...

edit: Here's another worth reading.
"Particularly pleasing is the fact that our high margin categories (womenswear, menswear, beauty, accessories and shoes) all delivered positive sales growth in the quarter ... our Home and Electricals categories on the other hand continued to be challenging."

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 10:07:46 PM by dr croubie »
Too much gear, too little space.
Gear Photos

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2012, 09:57:23 PM »

gmrza

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 10:41:54 PM »
So what, Aussie websites try to emulate the experiences of shopping online that the rest of the world have done for years?
But they forget the most important part being the lower prices?
Sounds typical to me.

*wanders back to Adorama and B+H*

You would probably be able to negotiate a better discount if you walked into a camera  dealer on any Saturday afternoon than what is being offered via #ClickFail.
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2012, 10:41:54 PM »