Gear Talk > EOS Bodies - For Video

5D3 vs. BMC

<< < (2/6) > >>

asmundma:
Thanks JasonATL for correcting my fast and somewhat incorrect reply. I tested Resove on a MAcBook Pro 2011 with i7 with Tumderbolt drive. Seems as Windows is better with a grafic card for this app, may the newes macs will be better.
Of cource you "can" handeld BMCC, but i think most people would agree that a c100, c300 is better. If you follow P. Blooms South Africa tour, you got the same message.
And you need a pretty wide lense with that crop facor to shoot wide. ( yea i know there are some alternatives)
I may buy such a camra, but it somewhat dangerous only to look at dynamic range, etc.
Agree that Canon needs to open up for high quality video.  The "best" camra for me would be the 1D C, but man, it costs a fourtune.

Axilrod:
Aside from the sensor size, it's pretty much killing the 5D3 in every aspect.  The 5D3 is great if you want a hybrid stills/video camera but for straight up video the BMCC is amazing.  I have one on order, will probably keep my 5D3 still but couldn't pass up on 2.5K Raw for $3k.

Axilrod:
This is the comparison that sold me on it: Comparing the Cinema Camera & 5D Mk III on Vimeo
I'd recommend downloading the original file, it's much easier to see the differences that way. 

There is an MFT version coming out in a few months, I'm wondering if that would be a better option since all the lenses are optimized for a small sensor. 

JasonATL:

--- Quote from: Axilrod on November 19, 2012, 10:16:26 AM ---Aside from the sensor size, it's pretty much killing the 5D3 in every aspect.  The 5D3 is great if you want a hybrid stills/video camera but for straight up video the BMCC is amazing.  I have one on order, will probably keep my 5D3 still but couldn't pass up on 2.5K Raw for $3k.

--- End quote ---

Axilrod: Me, too. Although, I was late to the game and only ordered my BMCC in September. I fear that I am in for a long wait. Having said that, I don't think it will cause me to never use my 5D3 or even 600D. I am still quite happy with the image from those cameras in many situations. I still love the DSLR look. Of course, my view might change when I have the BMCC!

Axilrod:

--- Quote from: JasonATL on November 19, 2012, 03:19:42 PM ---
--- Quote from: Axilrod on November 19, 2012, 10:16:26 AM ---Aside from the sensor size, it's pretty much killing the 5D3 in every aspect.  The 5D3 is great if you want a hybrid stills/video camera but for straight up video the BMCC is amazing.  I have one on order, will probably keep my 5D3 still but couldn't pass up on 2.5K Raw for $3k.

--- End quote ---

Axilrod: Me, too. Although, I was late to the game and only ordered my BMCC in September. I fear that I am in for a long wait. Having said that, I don't think it will cause me to never use my 5D3 or even 600D. I am still quite happy with the image from those cameras in many situations. I still love the DSLR look. Of course, my view might change when I have the BMCC!

--- End quote ---

I agree, the 5D3 still has it's purpose.  I talked to the guys at Showcase and they said that they have 25 preorders as of a couple weeks ago, so yeah I'm sure there will be a wait.  I'm wondering if it would be worth waiting on the MTF version, since those lenses are designed for a smaller sensor in the first place. 

What I'm really hoping is that they put this sensor in the an S35 version: http://www.eoshd.com/content/9240/could-this-be-the-perfect-sensor-for-the-blackmagic-cinema-camera-mark-ii

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version