April 17, 2014, 06:01:03 AM

Author Topic: Canon launches their own official forum and one of the first posts is...  (Read 5334 times)

traveller

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
"while i continue to be a loyal Canon user, Canon lacks behind Nikon in picture quality, why is that?"

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/General-Discussion/while-i-continue-to-be-a-loyal-Canon-user-Canon-lacks-behind/m-p/1249#M114

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

canon rumors FORUM

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
That's interesting.  Anyway, that's good to see Canon has its forum.  We will see some different ideas from there.
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
Let the DXO flame-wars commence...

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Answer:  Because none of our cameras have the sensor of the D800.  We will never have a camera as good as the D800.

DigitalDivide

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
Answer:  Because none of our cameras have the sensor of the D800.  We will never have a camera as good as the D800.

You really think so?  That would imply Canon has decided their current range of sensors is perfect and no improvement is possible or necessary.  That seems highly unlikely to me.  Canon's sensors were way ahead of anything Nikon had for years, so you could have said the same thing about Nikon until their recent models came out.

Nikon may have leapfrogged Canon for now and caught them napping, but I doubt the Canon execs are saying, Oh well, they beat us - time to throw in the towel and give up our multi-million dollar business.  The apparent sightings of a high MP Canon in the field, supposedly sporting advanced new sensor technology, would seem to bear that out.

zim

• 6D
    • View Profile

crasher8

Blame the camera, brilliant.

canon rumors FORUM

And-Rew

I found this post amusing

http://forums.usa.canon.com/t5/Camera/Canon-Pricing-Policy/m-p/1535#M323

tumbleweed time  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah - i always find those questions amusing, as the UK just seems like a good place for companies to screw the customer!  >:(

Those in the States just smile at how they're not getting screwed! But let's not just blame Canon - let's mention Apple, M$, Adobe - just for starters. I'm quite sure the list goes on but as a Brit being screwed by the EU and the States - I've accepted my lot in life!  :-X

Marsu42

• 1D X
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
"while i continue to be a loyal Canon user, Canon lacks behind Nikon in picture quality, why is that?"

I wonder if this forum was a clever move by Canon - they can't have a forum full or trolls or people who (for good reason) think that Nikon bodies have the edge, on the other hand they cannot censor posts too much w/o getting bad press and Internet karma. Better leave the Canon bashing to 3rd party forums like CR :->

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
I am totally convinced that everyone on this forum is incapable of understanding humor/sarcasm.  I would suggest going out sometime.  The social experience is invaluable.

bdunbar79

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Canon launches their own official forum and one of the first posts is...
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 05:46:11 PM »

You really think so?  That would imply Canon has decided their current range of sensors is perfect and no improvement is possible or necessary.  That seems highly unlikely to me.  Canon's sensors were way ahead of anything Nikon had for years, so you could have said the same thing about Nikon until their recent models came out.

Nikon may have leapfrogged Canon for now and caught them napping, but I doubt the Canon execs are saying, Oh well, they beat us - time to throw in the towel and give up our multi-million dollar business.  The apparent sightings of a high MP Canon in the field, supposedly sporting advanced new sensor technology, would seem to bear that out.

Really?  You cannot be serious.  I highly suggest getting out more.

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2012, 07:34:11 PM »
I am totally convinced that everyone on this forum is incapable of understanding humor/sarcasm.  I would suggest going out sometime.  The social experience is invaluable.
Whenever there is a new announcement, we are flooded with whining posts and trolls.  People tent to get tired of it and jump on anything remotely like a troll.
Its best to avoid humor posts for a few weeks.

risc32

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »
i'm not sure some of the people here have ever been out of their mother's basement.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2012, 07:36:45 PM »

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2012, 07:48:50 PM »
Whenever there is a new announcement, we are flooded with whining posts and trolls.  People tent to get tired of it and jump on anything remotely like a troll.
Its best to avoid humor posts for a few weeks.
And whatever you do, don't say that the new product seems interesting and that Canon might have done something good. Then the real bashing starts. That's why I cancelled my account a month or so ago. But I couldn't stay away too long, but with intention of staying away from all product announcement discussions. Let's see how that lasts.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2012, 08:14:10 PM »