September 21, 2014, 04:27:38 PM

Author Topic: Canon 60D vs T4i  (Read 8983 times)

filmrebel

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Canon 60D vs T4i
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »
Hey everyone. How do you think the Canon T4i will compare to the 60D? Just curious  ;)

canon rumors FORUM

Canon 60D vs T4i
« on: February 24, 2012, 10:44:41 AM »

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
Re: Canon 60D vs T4i
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 10:47:24 AM »
Hey everyone. How do you think the Canon T4i will compare to the 60D? Just curious  ;)
Too soon to tell. Not seen any (rumoured) specs yet...
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

sama

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:56:19 AM »
I think it's just an update to 600D. 60D is the next level up.

DzPhotography

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:57:53 AM »
I think it's just an update to 600D. 60D is the next level up.
it will probably be, but you'll never know...
EOS 550D | EOS 7D | EOS 6D | EOS 1Dx | EF-S 15-85 | EF 28f2.8 | EF 30f2.0 | EF 40f2.8 | EF 50f1.8II | EF 16-35f2.8L MkII | EF 24-105 f4L | EF 24-70f2.8L | EF 70-200f2.8L MkII | Sigma 10f2.8 Fisheye | Sigma 50f1.4 | Tamron 17-50f2.8VC | Tokina 11-16f2.8 | 430EXII | 580EXII

moreorless

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 11:11:39 AM »
It depends what you want I spose, the T4i will almost definately not offer the same build as the 60D nore the same viewfinder but it could potentially offer better JPG noise reduction/FPS from the new processor or a new sensor with higher resolution and/or ISO performance.

Carny

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 11:12:48 AM »
I think we will eventually know, lol.

Think there is any chance any of the rebel line will have built in wireless flash control?  One of the main reasons now I'm wanting to get a 60D or 7D is for the flash control.

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »
Canon sells three tiers of DSLR's

Beginner models  XXXD

Enthuiasist Models XXD

Pro and super user models XD

Upgrades are better compared with models in the same category, since the differences tend to be in build quality, AF, and added features.  Features trickle down to lower models, but the build does not.  AF seems to trickle down slowly, if at all.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2012, 11:31:48 AM »

underjammer

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:37 AM »

Think there is any chance any of the rebel line will have built in wireless flash control?  One of the main reasons now I'm wanting to get a 60D or 7D is for the flash control.

Doubt that so very much...

Well, right now the T3i has the same wireless flash control as the 60D and 7D, right?  It has something..  I've never used one, but that's what's listed as its specs.  So if that's the case, then I assume that *yes* the T4i will have wireless flash control.

Will it have wireless RADIO control (like the new 590EX is supposed to have)?  Probably not.

Ninjajack

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2012, 11:41:46 AM »

"The EOS 7D and 60D were the first Canon SLRs to support wireless flash control using the built-in flash, and the Canon T3i follows suit. That is, the T3i's built-in flash can act as a controller or commander to one or more remote wireless flashes. You can have the built-in flash contribute to the exposure, or just command the remote flashes. Like that of the 60D, the Canon T3i's wireless flash capability supports four channels and defines two groups (the 7D defines three groups). Exposure compensation and flash ratio of 1:8 to 8:1 can be set on a per-group bases, allowing a lot of control over how multiples flashes contribute to the final exposure. Additionally, there's an Easy Wireless Flash mode, which simply fixes the flash strobes to all operate as one group with a 1:1 flash ratio."

Is that not enough for you?

Carny

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2012, 12:30:29 PM »

"The EOS 7D and 60D were the first Canon SLRs to support wireless flash control using the built-in flash, and the Canon T3i follows suit. That is, the T3i's built-in flash can act as a controller or commander to one or more remote wireless flashes. You can have the built-in flash contribute to the exposure, or just command the remote flashes. Like that of the 60D, the Canon T3i's wireless flash capability supports four channels and defines two groups (the 7D defines three groups). Exposure compensation and flash ratio of 1:8 to 8:1 can be set on a per-group bases, allowing a lot of control over how multiples flashes contribute to the final exposure. Additionally, there's an Easy Wireless Flash mode, which simply fixes the flash strobes to all operate as one group with a 1:1 flash ratio."

I didn't realize the T3i was capable of that.  Can the T2i do the same?  I have a T2i and a 50D, but for the price of an ST-E2 I can sell and upgrade to a newer body.  Looks like I should try to find a deal on a T3i if that is the case. 

Sorry if I've derailed this thread too much.

Do you think the T4i will have the same wireless controls if Canon is switching to radio?  It seems like it would either have the new version, or nothing, probably nothing.  :'(

underjammer

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 01:02:48 PM »

I didn't realize the T3i was capable of that.  Can the T2i do the same?  I have a T2i and a 50D, but for the price of an ST-E2 I can sell and upgrade to a newer body.  Looks like I should try to find a deal on a T3i if that is the case. 

Sorry if I've derailed this thread too much.

Do you think the T4i will have the same wireless controls if Canon is switching to radio?  It seems like it would either have the new version, or nothing, probably nothing.  :'(

Ohh..  That would be interesting if they abandoned their current wireless flash control.  I didn't think of that...  I sure hope not!

As for the T2i, unfortunately it *doesn't* have the wireless control.  And neither does the G1X, I believe..  laame!

Ninjajack

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2012, 02:15:21 PM »
A pure guess, but in general a company would not take a feature like that away. I would probably wait and see what the T4i has to offer, since it should be announce pretty soon, doesn't hurt to wait a little longer.

I loved my T3i as a starter DSLR but I quickly outgrew it and moved to the 60D, didn't want to go all the way to the 7D until I see what comes out this year. I really want to save up for a full frame model and use the 60D for video and second camera work.

WoodysGamertag

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 02:52:23 PM »

Beginner models  XXXD

Enthuiasist Models XXD

Upgrades are better compared with models in the same category, since the differences tend to be in build quality, AF, and added features.  Features trickle down to lower models, but the build does not.  AF seems to trickle down slowly, if at all.
The build won't match the 60D but c'mon, models that get updated every year start to catch and even surpass their higher end models in some areas.

I wouldn't be surprised if the t4i was both better and cheaper for people that value its strong points over things like build quality.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2012, 02:52:23 PM »

D_Rochat

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2012, 03:41:51 PM »

Beginner models  XXXD

Enthuiasist Models XXD

They have four tiers. The XXXXD is the very bottom tier.

We can not compare an existing camera body to one that doesn't even have rumored specs yet. It's pointless to even try. Once specs start flying around, it will be another story.

daviderock

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 03:34:59 AM »
                            Canon EOS Rebel T4i    Canon EOS Rebel 60D
Image processor     New DIGIC5                DIGIC 4
Screen                     TouchScreen               TFT LCD
Sensor                   18mp hybrid CMOS       18mp CMOS
Video autofocus      Phase detection           None
In-camera HDR         Yes                                 No
longer battery life   440 shots                   1100 shots
Much faster max shutter speed           1/4000s                 1/8000s
For those who wish to shoot video, the T4i may be a better choice as it is Canon’s only model that offers the capacity for autofocus even while in video mode. In addition, the T4i’s touch screen is pretty cool, and shows just how far the cameras of today have come. Although the T4i has a lower price point that the 60D and weighs less than other models, it is still a durable piece of equipment that has a reputation for being quite reliable.
herehttp://t4ivst3i.com/canon-rebel-eos-t4i-vs-60d-comparison/ list the difference betwwen them

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2012, 03:34:59 AM »