Rumors > EOS Bodies

Used 5D3

<< < (3/3)

mw:

--- Quote from: wookiee2cu on November 16, 2012, 04:20:37 PM ---The light leak issue was made out to be more of an issue than it really is.  Unless you're taking pictures in pitch black rooms, with the lens cap on or with a flashlight aimed driectly at the top lcd then it won't be an issue.  Even if you do get a camera pre-fix (which is a small piece of tape by the way), you can send it into Canon and they will add the fix.  Don't let a good deal pass you by because of this concern.

--- End quote ---

Completely understood the light leak issue. I don't think I'll ever run into such situation where it's going to affect my work if the model had such an issue. However, if I am about to spend my hard earned $2-$3K on a camera, I would expect that camera to be as near perfect as it can be.

Dylan777:

--- Quote from: mw on November 18, 2012, 10:09:15 PM ---
--- Quote from: wookiee2cu on November 16, 2012, 04:20:37 PM ---The light leak issue was made out to be more of an issue than it really is.  Unless you're taking pictures in pitch black rooms, with the lens cap on or with a flashlight aimed driectly at the top lcd then it won't be an issue.  Even if you do get a camera pre-fix (which is a small piece of tape by the way), you can send it into Canon and they will add the fix.  Don't let a good deal pass you by because of this concern.

--- End quote ---

Completely understood the light leak issue. I don't think I'll ever run into such situation where it's going to affect my work if the model had such an issue. However, if I am about to spend my hard earned $2-$3K on a camera, I would expect that camera to be as near perfect as it can be.
--- End quote ---

If that is the case...I would buy new from authorized dealer.

Mt Spokane Photography:
There is really no difference in the piece of tape in the higher serial numbered models for the light leak fix.  I had one of the early models, the light leak was a red herring, it does not affect anything unless you are taking photos in the dark while letting the camera meter (Bad Idea) and having the top lcd light on.
However, prices for used models are high, and there is no warranty.  Sellers may have discovered intermittent issues, have hot pixels, or other things that you cannot see during a quick inspection.
I'd rather buy a gray market model with third party insurance than a used one.

EchoLocation:
if you're going to buy used, why not buy a new one on ebay for 2500 bucks. not sure if the warranty is valid, but heck, that's gotta be cheaper than most used ones.... and no light leak!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version