Rumors > EOS Bodies

Used 5D3

<< < (2/3) > >>

robbymack:
I'm just guessing here but canon would likely fix if for you if in fact it was an affected model even if you bought it used. Secondly it's only really a problem if you like taking photos of the back of your lens cap, but obviously it'd better to get one without the problem up front.

candyman:

--- Quote from: Ant_Pap_Cy on November 16, 2012, 07:31:23 AM ---the 6th digit on the serial should be 3 or larger. If it says 1 or 2 then you got a camera with the light leak issue !

--- End quote ---

Just to be precise, that should be the 6th digit counting from the left.

Pinchers of Peril:
Just out of curiousity, are you finding a big price difference between the used 5d3's and the new ones?  I've been watching craigslist and it seems like most of the prices for the used bodies are people who bought them for prices below $3,000 and are now trying to make a profit.  With all the deals going on lately you might be better off just buying a new one.

wookiee2cu:
The light leak issue was made out to be more of an issue than it really is.  Unless you're taking pictures in pitch black rooms, with the lens cap on or with a flashlight aimed driectly at the top lcd then it won't be an issue.  Even if you do get a camera pre-fix (which is a small piece of tape by the way), you can send it into Canon and they will add the fix.  Don't let a good deal pass you by because of this concern.

mw:

--- Quote from: Pinchers of Peril on November 16, 2012, 12:09:44 PM ---Just out of curiousity, are you finding a big price difference between the used 5d3's and the new ones?  I've been watching craigslist and it seems like most of the prices for the used bodies are people who bought them for prices below $3,000 and are now trying to make a profit.  With all the deals going on lately you might be better off just buying a new one.

--- End quote ---

CR posted a link last week to an Ebay deal for $2,799 new. Took a chance and bought it. It's arriving tomorrow morning. Can't wait. Hoping it's a legit deal and not something I have to dispute. Crossing my finger.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version