Rumors > EOS Bodies

February & March are Announcement Months for Canon [CR2]

(1/29) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Tweet
What can we expect in early 2013?

I’m told we’ll be seeing two seperate announcements in back to back months in 2013. We’ll see announcements in February and March, one of the announcements will be a “major” event. Sometimes the word “major” is used incorrectly.
EOS-M

Apparently, one of the announcements will be to introduce a second EOS-M body. The body will be slightly bigger, and have a viewfinder. They will also introduce at least two new lenses with the body. I’d expect a telephoto zoom and a fast prime.
EOS 7D Mark II

One of these announcement dates will also be for the EOS 7D replacement. No word on specs, but it’s suggested the camera/segment will get a new naming scheme.
Big Megapixel

The 40+ mp camera gets another mention and we should expect an announcement in Q1 of 2013. The camera will be physically bigger than the 5D Mark III, but will be smaller than the EOS-1D X. It’s noted that the sensor is currently in EOS-1D X styled bodies.
cr

bbasiaga:
I'll definitely have my eye on the EOS M body.  If it has an OVF and improved AF speed, I could see this being my back up body to my 5DIII.  I know this technology will get there, just not sure if it gets there this round or not.  Could be an excellent alternative to getting a new P&S, though considerably more expensive I'm sure.

-Brian

RLPhoto:
A pro aimed EOS M would be nice.

A 7D2 is way overdue.

And the BIG MP camera will be here soon.

Let's see some innovation canon.

kidnaper:
Amazon currently has a few G1xes for around 540... I've been debating one of these, but if an EOS M comes out with an EVF.. hmmmm what to do...

GMCPhotographics:

--- Quote from: RLPhoto on November 16, 2012, 08:39:08 AM ---A pro aimed EOS M would be nice.

A 7D2 is way overdue.

And the BIG MP camera will be here soon.

Let's see some innovation canon.

--- End quote ---

The 7D2 is way over due only because of it's iso noise issue. It has more than enough MP and features.
If Canon can nail their iso noise issue and bring their shadow noise up to Nikon/Sony standards then it'll have been worth the wait. I just hope it's not another nominal upgrade.

I'm not sure if a big MP camera will shift boxes as much as the current 5DIII and 1DX are. It'll be nice to try one, but 46mp? Really? Like who really NEEDs this IQ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version