July 29, 2014, 02:57:55 PM

Author Topic: Off-Topic Fun: How are YOU spending your Black Friday (week)  (Read 4580 times)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
Re: Off-Topic Fun: How are YOU spending your Black Friday (week)
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »
  • Posting on canonrumors
  • What! you are expecting something more? ::)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 11:17:36 AM »

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 11:18:24 AM »
UPDATE! I got the BEST Black Friday deal in all of Western CT: I woke up, looked at the clock, then the temperature outside and went back to sleep.   ;D

It's supposed to be in the mid/upper 50's in here New England today, and you're complaining about the temperature?   :P

It's that first 4 miles on the way to work that are the hardest this last week; 4cyl japanese engines do NOT kick off heat quickly enough for my liking. ;)

Sun doesn't come up all the way until about 1/2 way through my 38 mi commute and BOY does it get foggy lately.

Yesterday WAS awesome around noon though.
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 11:26:41 AM »
UPDATE! I got the BEST Black Friday deal in all of Western CT: I woke up, looked at the clock, then the temperature outside and went back to sleep.   ;D

It's supposed to be in the mid/upper 50's in here New England today, and you're complaining about the temperature?   :P

It's that first 4 miles on the way to work that are the hardest this last week; 4cyl japanese engines do NOT kick off heat quickly enough for my liking. ;)

Sun doesn't come up all the way until about 1/2 way through my 38 mi commute and BOY does it get foggy lately.

Yesterday WAS awesome around noon though.
Emigrate to India. Even if your engine fires just three cylinders, you will be fine. Right now I am (and I know some of you are going to say TMI - but...) sitting in my boxers and a T... The windows and door are open and I am thinking of turning on the fan... Yes!

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
Well, so far, I'm sitting here reading this and waiting for Fedex to Deliver my Dell.  Later, i'll go into Spokane and checkout new HD TV's at Costco.  They seem to be beating everyone on prices for mid level models.  I don't bother with the low end come-on prices that people fight over.  I'll have plenty of time to review the available models and decide.
I'm not keen on 3D either, so I may avoid that.

dstppy

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 03:18:57 PM »
Well, so far, I'm sitting here reading this and waiting for Fedex to Deliver my Dell.  Later, i'll go into Spokane and checkout new HD TV's at Costco.  They seem to be beating everyone on prices for mid level models.  I don't bother with the low end come-on prices that people fight over.  I'll have plenty of time to review the available models and decide.
I successfully talked my wife into a new entry-level macbook pro, for the sole purpose I can give my old one, that my wife stole to my mother.  Actually, Costco's prices were even beating decent sale prices on TVs next week.  My only qualm is that they usually carry the mid level models and I've finally convinced the wife to do an upper-tier one.

One of her friends tried to get some doorbusters but couldn't find a deal on a parking spot  ;D
Canon Rumors is presently creating photographer shortages in Middle Earth (all the trolls emigrated here)

AudioGlenn

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 07:33:16 PM »
1. Staying home and making coffee while my spouse runs around town grabbing good deals.
2.  Marking off the calendar for when my 135mm f/2 L rental gets here
3. Scratching myself
4. Preparing some images for print for a few clients and family
5. Sending this link to somebody who has my name for Christmas
6. Getting ready for the big game tomorrow.

+1 on #3 LOL

I went to the gym and tried to run off some of that huge meal I inhaled yesterday.  Finally ordered my 5d mk III and 24-70II last night!  I'm a happy camper
5D mkIII  |  40 f/2.8 | 8-15 f/4L | 24-70 f/2.8L II | 70-200 f/2.8L IS II | 1.4x III TC | 600ex-rt | 430 ex ii | EOS M+22mm f/2 | EF to EF-M adapter

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »
I successfully talked my wife into a new entry-level macbook pro, for the sole purpose I can give my old one, that my wife stole to my mother.  Actually, Costco's prices were even beating decent sale prices on TVs next week.  My only qualm is that they usually carry the mid level models and I've finally convinced the wife to do an upper-tier one.

One of her friends tried to get some doorbusters but couldn't find a deal on a parking spot  ;D
I finally went down to Costco and bought a 55 inch (largest that I can fit).  It was the Samsung XXX7150 model.
The most expensive one was a 80 inch model for $4500, not in the same range as the uber expensive models.
My new Dell finally showed up after I left.  I had to put out a note asking them to leave it on my porch, which they did.
I've had a 40 inch Samsung for 7  or 8 years now, it was $2400 new and has never had a issue.  My son used it for xbox games mostly, so he will get it for Christmas if we can make space for it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 10:39:12 PM »