Gear Talk > Lenses

EF 24-70 f/4L IS & EF 35 f/2 IS Sample Images

(1/10) > >>

Canon Rumors:
Tweet From Canon UK
Canon UK has posted some sample images from the two recently announced lenses, the EF 24-70 f/4L IS and EF 35 f/2 IS. Both sets of sample images are obviously going to be good, we’re still waiting on the real world stuff. Canon EF 35mm f/2 IS USM
* 2 Samples of 1920×1280 pixels
*…… The shot at 1/2sec really shows off the ability of the IS if the camera was being hand held, which I’d assume was one of the points of the image. Canon EF 24-70mm f/4L IS USM
* 1 Sample 1280×1920 pixels
* 2 Samples 5760×3840 pixels
*….. Colour looks great, some distortion, but nothing too crazy. I’m really looking forward to trying both lenses and probably owning the EF 35 f/2 IS for myself. Preorders:
EF 24-70 f/4L IS $1499 at Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama | EF 35 f/2 IS $849 at Amazon | B&H Photo | Adorama thanks Ronaldo cr

EF 35 f/2 IS

Well that's a first, two images from Canon I really like!!  ;D

That's making me think 6D + 35mm could be a really good low light/street setup

Yeah I think the 35 f/2 IS will be good as a light walk around solution or when hiking too plus the bonus of being able to use it in low light. Can't wait for the reviews!

I'm not impressed with the 24-70 images at all..
The distortion looks bad…even at 70mm, the model's face looks really weird..

I'm waiting somewhat impatiently for the Sigma 35 vs Canon 35 IS threads. With an initial $50 difference and the differences mainly being about stop action vs low light hand hold ability, this should be a good showdown. I'm wondering just how far either will need to be stopped down for max sharpness. If the Canon is sharp wide open then 4 stops of IS will be amazing. Unless your beautiful model is moving lol.

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version