December 21, 2014, 03:53:12 AM

Author Topic: !!!FIRST!!! - Full Frame Mirrorless Camera  (Read 12583 times)

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
!!!FIRST!!! - Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »
1. When do you think the 1st FF mirrorless will arrive - for $3000 or less of course?

2. Which company will bring to the market first? Sony, Nikon, Samsung, Fujitsu etc….I will not bet on Canon

Bodies: 1DX -- 5D III
Zooms: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Primes: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

!!!FIRST!!! - Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
« on: November 19, 2012, 11:20:17 AM »

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: !!!FIRST!!! - Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 11:35:56 AM »
1. When do you think the 1st FF mirrorless will arrive - for $3000 or less of course?

2. Which company will bring to the market first? Sony, Nikon, Samsung, Fujitsu etc….I will not bet on Canon
If I were to guess I would say Sony. But  I am not interested. My Canon system with many lenses and 2 FF cameras (5DMkII and 5DMkIII) is more than enough.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 11:53:28 AM »

Lens Rentals will have M9's for 3000$. So, very soon.  ;D

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 11:57:13 AM »

Lens Rentals will have M9's for 3000$. So, very soon.  ;D
;D Unless the question becomes  "When do you think the 1st FF AF mirrorless will arrive"  ;D

Mt Spokane Photography

• EF 50mm F 0.7 IS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 12:05:21 PM »
You do know of the Sony RX1, of course.  FF and mirrorless.
Why not interchangable lenses??  Its impractical to make ultra wide with the short flange back, and a complete new 20K set of high end lenses will take years to introduce.  You could adapt conventional FF lenses, of course, and that might be the only practical way.
But then, whats the point?  Extreme slow AF is not for everyone.

Dylan777

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »
You do know of the Sony RX1, of course.  FF and mirrorless.
Why not interchangable lenses??  Its impractical to make ultra wide with the short flange back, and a complete new 20K set of high end lenses will take years to introduce.  You could adapt conventional FF lenses, of course, and that might be the only practical way.
But then, whats the point?  Extreme slow AF is not for everyone.

I'm ok with slower AF with mirrorless. I care more about IQ in low light shooting. I travel alot and it would be nice to have a FF mirrorless plus some pancake primes 24, 35, 50 at f1.4 or bigger.

I did notice the Sony RX1 - too bad it's fixed lens :-[   I wonder if this RX1 will do well or not?

Dylan777

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »

If I were to guess I would say Sony. But  I am not interested. My Canon system with many lenses and 2 FF cameras (5DMkII and 5DMkIII) is more than enough.

Tron,
I visit CMs in Asia 5-6 times per year. It's nice to have FF mirrorless for travel ;)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 12:24:33 PM »

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 12:45:52 PM »

Tron,
I visit CMs in Asia 5-6 times per year. It's nice to have FF mirrorless for travel ;)
?

Positron

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 01:02:23 PM »

Tron,
?

According to Wikipedia, among other things CM could stand for Certified Midwife.  ;)

Minh Nguyen

• Power Shot G7X
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 01:20:37 PM »
I work at Sony Electronics. :)

Yea we've got FF Mirrorless already.

We're often times the first to market or very early to market. I remember announcing the world's lightest laptop 6 months before the first macbook air. Even after the launch of the AIR our's was still the thinnest and lightest but did anyone know haha? I remember carrying the world's first OLED TV to a convention in Las Vegas. We never advertised it though, the images were stunning and the design was sleek. 2 years later Samsung made a huge TV ad campaign and without saying it made it sound like they were the first to make the OLED TVs. And their TV was IDENTICAL to our aesthetically, they basically took our tv and rebadged it as a samsung. I think that's my biggest frustration with this company. We don't advertise anything and unless you're really looking for a product you would never know we made it. I'm so tired of watching great products get launch with zero visibility.

Just wanted to release some steam about the biggest issue that irks me about Sony. Other than that the company is awesome, they treat us real well, we get good discounts and the work culture here is great (I knew a few people who worked at Samsung that we're very happy).

CowGummy

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
    • www.smrphotoart.com
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 02:05:49 PM »
...We don't advertise anything and unless you're really looking for a product you would never know we made it. I'm so tired of watching great products get launch with zero visibility.

hmmm... not sure about this statement. Sony doesn't advertise their products you say? I am seeing an awful lot of PS3/ Vita adverts around at the moment. What about their smartphones? Never seen an Experia Play advert anywhere? The Vaio laptop range?

Just saying... Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing you or the company you work for - I own and love a lot of sony products, but that statement somehow doesn't wash with me.
5DmkII   |  50 f/1.4  |  24-105L f/4  |  135L f/2  |  70-200L f/2.8 IS II  |  430exII

And-Rew

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 03:09:01 PM »
...We don't advertise anything and unless you're really looking for a product you would never know we made it. I'm so tired of watching great products get launch with zero visibility.

hmmm... not sure about this statement. Sony doesn't advertise their products you say? I am seeing an awful lot of PS3/ Vita adverts around at the moment. What about their smartphones? Never seen an Experia Play advert anywhere? The Vaio laptop range?

Just saying... Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing you or the company you work for - I own and love a lot of sony products, but that statement somehow doesn't wash with me.

Yeah, i know - does sound fishy  ;)

I mean, it's like a company who would invent a Desktop PC Computer and then fail to patent it, and all the technology in it because they only wanted to see what was achievable.

I mean, it's not like Xerox is a big company that likes to shout about its products - can't think they'd ever shoot themselves in the foot like  ;D ;D ;D

Dylan777

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »

Tron,
?

According to Wikipedia, among other things CM could stand for Certified Midwife.  ;)

CM = Contract Manufacture

Certified Midwife ;D ;D ;D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 03:55:54 PM »

Quasimodo

• 1D Mark IV
  • Easily intrigued :)
    • View Profile
    • 500px.com
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 04:07:09 PM »

We're often times the first to market or very early to market. I remember announcing the world's lightest laptop 6 months before the first macbook air. Even after the launch of the AIR our's was still the thinnest and lightest but did anyone know haha? I remember carrying the world's first OLED TV to a convention in Las Vegas. We never advertised it though, the images were stunning and the design was sleek. 2 years later Samsung made a huge TV ad campaign and without saying it made it sound like they were the first to make the OLED TVs. And their TV was IDENTICAL to our aesthetically, they basically took our tv and rebadged it as a samsung. I think that's my biggest frustration with this company. We don't advertise anything and unless you're really looking for a product you would never know we made it. I'm so tired of watching great products get launch with zero visibility.

Just wanted to release some steam about the biggest issue that irks me about Sony. Other than that the company is awesome, they treat us real well, we get good discounts and the work culture here is great (I knew a few people who worked at Samsung that we're very happy).

I guess that you feel that they are not winning the AD war, but they are there. Nice to meet an employee of the great company of Akio Morita!:)
1Dx, 5x600 EX RT, ST-E3Canon:16-35L II,  24-105L , 70-200L IS II, 135L, 100L, 2x III TC, EF 25II, 40 F2.8 STM, Sigma 35 F1.4 Art, Sigma 50 F1.4 Art, Sigma 85 F1.4, Sigma 150-500.
Canon A-1, 199A, FD: 24/2.8, 35/2.0, 100/2.8, Vivitar 400/5.6 Mamiya RZ67 pro ii, 50,110,180
www.500px.com/gerhard1972

jrista

• EOL
    • View Profile
    • Nature Photography
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »

Ummm...OLED TVs? Or LED TVs? As far as I know, NO ONE has yet produced an actual OLED TV. There are LED TVs, and I think there may be a couple extremely high end RGB-LED TVs with 12-bit color support...but I have not yet heard of an OLED TV. That is definitely the next step, but if Sony gets there before Samsung, I'll be very surprised. If you are indeed serious, then I very seriously doubt you work for Sony.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2012, 05:46:54 PM »