April 19, 2014, 10:58:32 AM

Author Topic: !!!FIRST!!! - Full Frame Mirrorless Camera  (Read 10539 times)

LostArk

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: !!!FIRST!!! - Full Frame Mirrorless Camera
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »
After moving to FF, I'll never buy into a smaller format ILC system. Further, I'd never buy an ILC camera without a rangefinder. No EVF will ever be "good enough." Since I'll never be able to afford a Leica (not to mention lenses lol), I can only conclude I'll never buy a mirrorless ILC. All that being said, I'm saving up for an RX1. That s*** is the ultimate.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2012, 12:02:14 AM »

dolina

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2012, 01:07:23 AM »
Sony's A-mount SLT is 'technically' a mirrorless. Demount the lens from the body and you will see the A99's full frame immediately.

I was looking at the Leica M but since getting the 40/2.8 Pancake of Canon the requirement waned.

I wish Canon's EOS M was the first sub-$3000 FF mirrorless but I guess Canon was trying to improve profit margins with their APS-C sensors.
Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2012, 02:44:58 AM »
Sony's A-mount SLT is 'technically' a mirrorless. Demount the lens from the body and you will see the A99's full frame immediately.

I was looking at the Leica M but since getting the 40/2.8 Pancake of Canon the requirement waned.

I wish Canon's EOS M was the first sub-$3000 FF mirrorless but I guess Canon was trying to improve profit margins with their APS-C sensors.

+1.  Sony has already the first full frame mirrorless Camera with AF and interchangeable lenses.  The only thing missing I think is the typical mirrorless form factor.  A99 even have a great AF and a very good viewfinder already.  Counting the available Zeiss lenses, the realization of a full-frame with great AF, great lenses, small form factor and mirrorless isn't that far off with Sony.  Sony, please make your A99 smaller... :)

LostArk

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2012, 04:34:45 AM »

+1.  Sony has already the first full frame mirrorless Camera with AF and interchangeable lenses.  The only thing missing I think is the typical mirrorless form factor.  A99 even have a great AF and a very good viewfinder already.  Counting the available Zeiss lenses, the realization of a full-frame with great AF, great lenses, small form factor and mirrorless isn't that far off with Sony.  Sony, please make your A99 smaller... :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one can't simple "make the A99 smaller." α mount lenses, like all SLR lenses, are designed with a large flange focal distance to accomodate the mirror. For this reason, a mirrorless α mount camera couldn't be much smaller than an SLR. A full frame mirrorless camera would need a brand new mount, as I reckon hell would freeze over sooner than Sony would make an M mount camera.

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2012, 04:44:04 AM »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but one can't simple "make the A99 smaller." α mount lenses, like all SLR lenses, are designed with a large flange focal distance to accomodate the mirror. For this reason, a mirrorless α mount camera couldn't be much smaller than an SLR. A full frame mirrorless camera would need a brand new mount, as I reckon hell would freeze over sooner than Sony would make an M mount camera.

Make the adapter integrated to the camera body...  It's just that I don't know how much it can make the camera smaller.  It may not be pocketable but certainly smaller than an SLR.  Imagine an RX1 with something like this in the camera body...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Canon-EOS-Lens-Adapter-Fujifilm-X-Pro1-Xpro1-/400303328316

Dylan777

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • http://www.dylanphotography.phanfare.com/
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2012, 07:08:23 PM »

I don't see how you can put that Sony FF mirrorless in pocket ??? Unless, you carry a purse with you ;D
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:14:04 PM by Dylan777 »
Body: 5D III(x2) -- A7r
Zoom: 16-35L II -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 50L -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II -- Zeiss FE 55mm f1.8

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »

I don't see how you can put that Sony FF mirrorless in pocket ??? Unless, you carry a purse with you ;D

It's not pocketable that's why I have also highlighted that fact.  However, we've seen already what Sony can do with RX1.  Putting the interchangeable lenses on its body will require it to bulge a little bit more.  I doubt that it will be pocketable unless they create a new mount and an adapter much like what EOS-M had done.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2012, 07:26:58 PM »