November 23, 2014, 05:11:53 AM

Author Topic: some pin-up shots  (Read 2419 times)

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
some pin-up shots
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »

canon rumors FORUM

some pin-up shots
« on: November 19, 2012, 08:17:21 PM »

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
Re: some pin-up shots
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 08:18:05 PM »
more to come..

@!ex

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
    • My portfolio
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:06:46 PM »
Just a piece of friendly criticism, I think that these shots would be much more impactful if you shot them in studio, with a white background and high key lighting.  The background and white balance/lighting is really taking away from the beauty  of the models and the period costumes...

Drizzt321

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Aaron Baff Photography
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:24:36 PM »
I don't know, I kinda like the concept of the first one, with the white railing and park setting. I'm trying to think of how I would improve that particular image, but I'm failing. Been a long day.

On the second shot, I agree, I'd prefer to see that in a high-key studio setting, perhaps with some furniture or something sorta like that for her to be leaning on.
5D mark 2, 5D mark 3, EF 17-40mm f/4L,  EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 85mm f/1.8
Film Cameras: Mamiya RB67, RB-50, RB-180-C, RB-90-C, RB-50, Perkeo I folder, Mamiya Six Folder (Pre-WWII model)
http://www.aaronbaff.com

AprilForever

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • AprilForever.com
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:53 PM »
Put the model on the 25-40% margin of the image, instead of in the middle. The middle of the image is reserved for formal composition, which either makes a solid, powerful statement, or a flat and boring image. An art text I saw on the web somewhere by Andrew Loomis talks about this matter of composition. In fact, googling formal composition will give you interesting information about this. Bit for both images, the model is not striving for a powerful look, nor a stable look. You are trying, likely, more for soft, dynamic, and feminine. Place the model on the side of the frame, and both images will be much more effective. I like the setting for both; I think a different composition will be the ticket with each. This is about birds, but will help you anyway:

http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/2012/04/18/know-this-cold-or-give-up-bird-photography/
What is truth?

revup67

• 5D Mark III
  • Memories in the Making
    • View Profile
    • Revup67's Flickr Images
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 04:21:03 AM »
Put the model on the 25-40% margin of the image, instead of in the middle. The middle of the image is reserved for formal composition, which either makes a solid, powerful statement, or a flat and boring image. An art text I saw on the web somewhere by Andrew Loomis talks about this matter of composition. In fact, googling formal composition will give you interesting information about this. Bit for both images, the model is not striving for a powerful look, nor a stable look. You are trying, likely, more for soft, dynamic, and feminine. Place the model on the side of the frame, and both images will be much more effective. I like the setting for both; I think a different composition will be the ticket with each. This is about birds, but will help you anyway:

+1 couldn't agree more and I too like your outdoor shots
Thanks
Rev
Canon EOS 5D MK3 + EOS 7D » Canon50mm 1.4 » Canon 100mm IS USM L Macro » Canon 24-105 L USM IS » Canon 70-300 IS USM L» Canon MP-E65 » Canon 8-15mm Fisheye »Canon 16-35 Mkii USM L » Canon 200mm 2.8 L USM II » Canon 400mm 5.6 L » Canon 580EXII & MT 24EX Flash

bornshooter

• 5D Mark III
  • Love L series glass
    • View Profile
    • my flickr
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »
Hey guys thanks for all the feedback,i would like to say that it was 2 degree's above zero and the girls kept telling me to hurry so i did not get the time to set up the shots as i would have likes as for studio shots as someone mentioned thats a big no no for me i hate white backgrounds and will have nothing to do with them lol.Anyway here are a few more..

Pin up by Lseriesglass, on Flickr

This last one was just one of the two girls and the make up artist together there were people behind me members of the public shouting things lol this was the shot i captured which i love and the girls do too.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 12:39:33 PM »