April 19, 2014, 09:22:29 PM

Author Topic: Black Friday-> Red Thursday? (FS VIP Sale)  (Read 1734 times)

wellfedCanuck

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
Black Friday-> Red Thursday? (FS VIP Sale)
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »
No details, the flyer only states "up to $250 off on digital cameras". Pity they won't have the 6D until Dec 7th.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/vip-sale.aspx?cmp=lec-facebook

I'll be in LA friday, AFAIK- my first Black Friday in America... anyone suggest stores worth checking in the Long Beach area?
Don't take my advice. Don't even take my advice not to take my advice.

canon rumors FORUM

Black Friday-> Red Thursday? (FS VIP Sale)
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:42:15 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday-> Red Thursday? (FS VIP Sale)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:15:12 PM »
Lots of pre-black friday sales right now.
Future shop was chased out of the USA, they did so much  bait and switch that the public just ignored them.
When I lived in North Toronto, I used to go to the one in  North York on Yonge I had the same experience, they never seemed to have a low price advertised item.
I hope they are different now.

wellfedCanuck

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2012, 01:55:00 PM »
Not saying it didn't happen, but I've been shopping at that chain since they started back in the '80s and have never experienced any bait & switch issues. Best Buy bought them out a few years back and developed the curious strategy of placing the stores side by side. BB targets the average consumer, FS is supposed to be for technophiles although I'm finding that their camera people are less than knowledgeable these days. Neither chain carries the 5D3 in Canada but only FS will carry the 6D, BB tops out with the 7D.

ishdakuteb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:33 PM »
i would not go to best buy since i have to pay tax there.  most best buy sellers lacks of experience on camera technology and there are no variety camera accessories for you to pick.  i would check either of the two following:
1. samys in costa mesa, or
2. samys in fairfax

whichever closes to your location.  in addition, i think that samys offers no tax throughout holiday season (currently going).

best wishes on your hodiday shopping/upgrading

wellfedCanuck

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 03:03:17 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations, Ishdakuteb. Unfortunately with the window of opportunity available to me- I'll be forced to stay fairly close to Long Beach.

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2012, 03:37:04 PM »
i would not go to best buy since i have to pay tax there.  most best buy sellers lacks of experience on camera technology and there are no variety camera accessories for you to pick.  i would check either of the two following:
2. samys in fairfax

whichever closes to your location.  in addition, i think that samys offers no tax throughout holiday season (currently going).

I pretty much ONLY order online for things like this....to avoid the nearly 10% tax. That adds up with $3K cameras and $2K+ lenses....

I would never be caught dead in the black friday sales crowds. I'd rather have some cocktails, watch football on tv or hang with friends. I'll order online....amazon prime and free shipping are my friends, I merely click, and people get their gifts. Easy peasy.

ishdakuteb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 06:09:35 PM »
Thanks for the recommendations, Ishdakuteb. Unfortunately with the window of opportunity available to me- I'll be forced to stay fairly close to Long Beach.

if you are forced to stay within long beach, then i do not know where else to show though.  but if you can sneak out... well, it is not too far away from long beach though.  it is about 25 minutes away from long beach.  you can save hundreds of dollars as if you are trying to get a full frame camera and do not forget to check http://www.samys.com before going there.  as if they do not offer "free tax", then try to go to frys in long beach :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2012, 06:09:35 PM »

ishdakuteb

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »
2. samys in fairfax

I pretty much ONLY order online for things like this....to avoid the nearly 10% tax. That adds up with $3K cameras and $2K+ lenses....

I would never be caught dead in the black friday sales crowds. I'd rather have some cocktails, watch football on tv or hang with friends. I'll order online....amazon prime and free shipping are my friends, I merely click, and people get their gifts. Easy peasy.

if you read very closely to original question from the thread's owner, then you will find out that he/she comes from outside U.S... i guess he/she comes from cannada

i DO NOT think that you can make an online purchase of canon gears from canon authorized retailers as previous threads has stated....

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2012, 06:14:42 PM »