Gear Talk > Lenses

Have $2200 budget which lens(es) to get next?

<< < (5/5)

ryllz75:
All,

thank you so much for sharing your opinions!  Truly appreciated it..

I DID end up buying the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II this weekend when I went to L.A. for a shoot.  I came across an Ad by Samy's and they had an awesome NO TAX sale the whole weekend.  Additionally, I negotiated a better price on top of it! got it for well under my $2200 budget which gave me more than enough left for a new Lowepro 180 AW Messenger bag ! :-)

Bottomline, I love this lens and the images from it are stellar!  Again thanks for all the recommendations!

pwp:

--- Quote from: ryllz75 on November 26, 2012, 12:50:54 AM ---thank you so much for sharing your opinions!  Truly appreciated it..
I DID end up buying the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II this weekend...

--- End quote ---

I've come in late on this thread but would like to validate your decision to go with the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II. For a spectacularly high percentage of Canon shooters, this is THE lens that you'd never be without. For the sort of work you have described, this lens will probably stay bolted onto one of your bodies close to full-time.

-PW

wickidwombat:

--- Quote from: pwp on November 26, 2012, 03:54:44 AM ---
--- Quote from: ryllz75 on November 26, 2012, 12:50:54 AM ---thank you so much for sharing your opinions!  Truly appreciated it..
I DID end up buying the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II this weekend...

--- End quote ---

I've come in late on this thread but would like to validate your decision to go with the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II. For a spectacularly high percentage of Canon shooters, this is THE lens that you'd never be without. For the sort of work you have described, this lens will probably stay bolted onto one of your bodies close to full-time.

-PW

--- End quote ---
Mine was until I got the sigma 85

Autocall:
The 70-200/2.8 IS II is the unbeatable CANON BENCHMARK LENS.
If all wedding photographers go 70-200 it's for plenty of reasons

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version