wifi works only as far as 5m
GPS coordinates are 3 km off
canon speedlites will not work in TTL mode
EF mount pins will lose contact after changing lenses a few times
absolutely no details in RED colors
the battery explodes
the camera only makes boring pictures
AF will only work proper with sigma lenses
the plastic EF mount (a last minute change) makes ugly noise when changing lenses
only working mode is "P"
light leak
pentaprism take on a brownish color after some time
display language can not be changed from japanese
first firmware update will brick the camera
to much DR.. so images will look flat

Author Topic: What will be the issue with the 6D  (Read 21295 times)

Freelancer

What will be the issue with the 6D
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »
all new DSLR┬┤s have issues so what will it be?

canon rumors FORUM

What will be the issue with the 6D
« on: November 22, 2012, 04:51:59 PM »

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the issue with the 6D
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 05:23:16 PM »
The issue will be too many whiners complaining about it.  :P
EOS 1D X, EOS M, and lots of lenses

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 06:22:31 PM »
The issue could be that its IQ (if) is better than 5D3 and the 5D3 owners are whining about it.  Somebody(a 5D3 owner) is already whining when some 6D jpeg shots are released by dpreview.

tnargs

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 06:42:55 PM »
This thread is either blatant trolling -- in which case just go away -- or the subtle humour I detect within indicates the threadstarter is actually listing known Nikon problems.  ;)  In which case he should have included the option 'It's not a Nikon' which would have got my tongue-in-cheek vote.

A related topic, is there any moderation of the canonrumors forum? There is so much anti-canon stuff that is allowed to proliferate and seems mainly aimed at making canon owners think they make poor decisions and should be filled with regret. Instead, this forum could be a pleasant haven for Canon users where people share, solve and support one another. All it would take is some decent moderation of the anti-Canon crap from either bitter people or blatant trolls.

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »
I've seen lots of posts, threads, and trolls disappear. I suspect the ones that remain are there because the mods have deemed them less trollish and offensive. 

Oh, and I'd vote 'It's not a Nikon' or better yet, 'It only works with Canon lenses,' if those were options.  ;)

Gothmoth

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 07:10:55 PM »
All it would take is some decent moderation of the anti-Canon crap from either bitter people or blatant trolls.

i prefer to live in a free world without censoring.

im a canon user all my life.
but im not a fanboy that has only positiv things to say about canon.

pwp

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »
cough cough...is there a troll nearby? Or am I missing the humour?

But seriously I think the biggest single issue with the 6D will be the extreme radioactivity coming from the admittedly remarkable, compact nuclear reactor used as a 25 year, never-recharge-it power supply. This could result in excess noise at all iso settings, not to mention hair loss and unwanted security alerts at airports.

-PW

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 08:43:19 PM »

bvukich

• Spam Assassin
  • Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
    • My (sparse) ZenFolio Site
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 08:55:24 PM »
A related topic, is there any moderation of the canonrumors forum? There is so much anti-canon stuff that is allowed to proliferate and seems mainly aimed at making canon owners think they make poor decisions and should be filled with regret. Instead, this forum could be a pleasant haven for Canon users where people share, solve and support one another. All it would take is some decent moderation of the anti-Canon crap from either bitter people or blatant trolls.

As long as they don't resort to personal attacks, name calling, or profanity; they shouldn't be moderated.  My job isn't to judge peoples personal opinions, they're entitled to them, and I would refuse the job if given it.  As long as things are kept civil, most things will work themselves out, and most dedicated trolls will leave out of boredom or banned because of bad behavior.  There are some forum members that started off with very trollish behavior and ended up becoming good helpful forum members.

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 09:30:14 PM »
The issue will be too many whiners complaining about it.  :P

This is guaranteed
APS-H Fanboy

birtembuk

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 09:37:53 PM »
cough cough...is there a troll nearby? Or am I missing the humour?

But seriously I think the biggest single issue with the 6D will be the extreme radioactivity coming from the admittedly remarkable, compact nuclear reactor used as a 25 year, never-recharge-it power supply. This could result in excess noise at all iso settings, not to mention hair loss and unwanted security alerts at airports.

-PW

;D

Not to mention that the variable condensation manometer by simultaneous sub-critical integration might release some green slime onto the fractal auto-aligning reversed coot-hadron blaster. I can this this as a very big potential issue. Seriously.     

Zv

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • Zee-bytes
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 09:49:44 PM »
Why does it have to be so negative? Maybe it will be perfect and exceed our expectations. I have high hopes for the 6D even though I'm not buying it. There are always some small bugs in a new product, thats what firmware updates are for!  :)
5D II | 17-40L | 24-105L | 70-200 f4L IS | 135L | SY 14mm f/2.8 | Sigma 50 f/1.4

EOS M | 22 f/2 | 11-22 IS

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 09:50:22 PM »
All it would take is some decent moderation of the anti-Canon crap from either bitter people or blatant trolls.

i prefer to live in a free world without censoring.
That world does not exist! Try using the 'B' word in an airport ;)

neuroanatomist

• CR GEEK
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »
That world does not exist! Try using the 'B' word in an airport ;)

"Brain."

:P

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2012, 10:36:27 PM »

ScottyP

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2012, 11:11:50 PM »

Perhaps that sort of un-newspeak you describe should be supressed.  Not to speak too strongly, but I feel it is double-plus ungood.  (Saying this loudly so I can be heard clearly by Big Brother)
Canon 6D; Canon Lenses: EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF 85 f/1.8; EF-S 17-55 f/2.8; Canon 1.4x Mk. III T.C.; Sigma Lens: 35mm f/1.4 "Art"

ScottyP

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »

As long as they don't resort to personal attacks, name calling, or profanity; they shouldn't be moderated.  My job isn't to judge peoples personal opinions, they're entitled to them, and I would refuse the job if given it.  As long as things are kept civil, most things will work themselves out, and most dedicated trolls will leave out of boredom or banned because of bad behavior.  There are some forum members that started off with very trollish behavior and ended up becoming good helpful forum members.

Amen.  Very well said, and it speaks very well of the integrity of this entire site!
Canon 6D; Canon Lenses: EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II; EF 24-105 f/4 L; EF 85 f/1.8; EF-S 17-55 f/2.8; Canon 1.4x Mk. III T.C.; Sigma Lens: 35mm f/1.4 "Art"

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »