wifi works only as far as 5m
GPS coordinates are 3 km off
canon speedlites will not work in TTL mode
EF mount pins will lose contact after changing lenses a few times
absolutely no details in RED colors
the battery explodes
the camera only makes boring pictures
AF will only work proper with sigma lenses
the plastic EF mount (a last minute change) makes ugly noise when changing lenses
only working mode is "P"
light leak
pentaprism take on a brownish color after some time
display language can not be changed from japanese
first firmware update will brick the camera
to much DR.. so images will look flat

Author Topic: What will be the issue with the 6D  (Read 20659 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the issue with the 6D
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »
Canon Engineers are much more clever than you think.  They have two or three things that are not on the list planned.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:01:16 AM by Mt Spokane Photography »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2012, 11:44:14 PM »

expatinasia

• 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2012, 11:59:17 PM »

This could come in really handy, when you forget you have it and take pics of that gf your wife doesn't know about!  ;)
1D X + backup + different L lenses etc.

Dylan777

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • http://dylannguyen.500px.com/home
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2012, 12:02:41 AM »
The issue could be that its IQ (if) is better than 5D3 and the 5D3 owners are whining about it.  Somebody(a 5D3 owner) is already whining when some 6D jpeg shots are released by dpreview.

dbreview and DXO are the sites have most B.S reviews ever - to me.

You might as well post another topic with title: "6D + 24-70 f4 IS is out perform 5D III + 24-70 f2.8 II" ::)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 12:26:08 AM by Dylan777 »
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II

wickidwombat

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2012, 01:10:02 AM »
The issue could be that its IQ (if) is better than 5D3 and the 5D3 owners are whining about it.  Somebody(a 5D3 owner) is already whining when some 6D jpeg shots are released by dpreview.

You might as well post another topic with title: "6D + 24-70 f4 IS is out perform 5D III + 24-70 f2.8 II" ::)

If your priority is wirelessly transmitting your HDR geotagged selfies to your iphone to post on faebook, twittern and instagram instantly it most like is.
APS-H Fanboy

Marsu42

• ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2012, 01:18:28 AM »
The issue will be too many whiners complaining about it.  :P

As in "All my pictures would be pro-looking and beautiful if I'd have a 5d" :->

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2012, 01:38:50 AM »

Reviews from such sites can be taken with a grain of salt but should not be entirely ignored.  They may not be entirely correct but who is?  Copies may sometimes vary aside from the fact that some features reviewed are purely subjective.  That said, some truths are hard to accept.

Marsu42

• ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 02:10:00 AM »
That said, some truths are hard to accept.

... unless you accept them before spending your first $: tech gear is bound to loose value, break and being superseded by superior gear, and no tech standard (ef) or system (eos) is here to stay forever.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2012, 02:10:00 AM »

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2012, 03:03:31 AM »
That said, some truths are hard to accept.

... unless you accept them before spending your first $: tech gear is bound to loose value, break and being superseded by superior gear, and no tech standard (ef) or system (eos) is here to stay forever.
+1.  That's why we always say, shoot as much as you can.  It's all about your pictures and not about what you use to take those pictures.  Buy your tool and use it.  If something better comes after, as long as you have taken good pictures with your current tool, I don't think there'll be room for regrets.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #23 on: November 23, 2012, 03:14:30 AM »
The issue will be too many whiners complaining about it.  :P

As in "All my pictures would be pro-looking and beautiful if I'd have a 5d" :->

Yep, or a D800.

Hobby Shooter

« Reply #24 on: November 23, 2012, 03:18:26 AM »

This could come in really handy, when you forget you have it and take pics of that gf your wife doesn't know about!  ;)
Or you could have the option to modify the GPS data so it reads in another preset location.

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2012, 04:38:41 AM »
It will only take boring pictures of course! 5D3 or 1DX in the same situation would have delivered 146% better images. FACT!

symmar22

« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2012, 04:50:34 AM »
A related topic, is there any moderation of the canonrumors forum? There is so much anti-canon stuff that is allowed to proliferate and seems mainly aimed at making canon owners think they make poor decisions and should be filled with regret. Instead, this forum could be a pleasant haven for Canon users where people share, solve and support one another. All it would take is some decent moderation of the anti-Canon crap from either bitter people or blatant trolls.

As long as they don't resort to personal attacks, name calling, or profanity; they shouldn't be moderated.  My job isn't to judge peoples personal opinions, they're entitled to them, and I would refuse the job if given it.  As long as things are kept civil, most things will work themselves out, and most dedicated trolls will leave out of boredom or banned because of bad behavior.  There are some forum members that started off with very trollish behavior and ended up becoming good helpful forum members.

Amen.  Very well said, and it speaks very well of the integrity of this entire site!

+1

A bit of humour and self-mockery never killed anyone. Let's keep it fun and light, it's just a camera after all....

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 04:59:12 AM »
It will only take boring pictures of course! 5D3 or 1DX in the same situation would have delivered 146% better images. FACT!

How? Even with stills where you can easily focus even manually?  I hope what you're saying is a joke.  There are lots of proud 5D2 owners around that can show you how "boring" their pictures are... What's behind the camera is what's more important.  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2012, 04:59:12 AM »

gmrza

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2012, 05:36:27 AM »

That "feature" could have saved US tax payers at around $100 million: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/06/05/3517805.htm:

Getting back to the snap-happy soldiers who cost the US taxpayer lots of money, back in 2007 at a military base in Iraq, they took delivery of some AH-64 Apache helicopters. These are not cheap choppers. In 2012, the price of a brand-new one was $38 million. The soldiers proudly took pictures of their new attack helicopters, and then uploaded them onto the web. Almost certainly, the soldiers did not realise that geo-location tags were embedded in those photographs.

According to Steve Warren, a US Army Manoeuvre Centre Of Excellence intelligence officer, "the enemy was able to determine the exact location of the helicopters inside the compound and conduct a mortar attack, destroying four of the AH-64 Apache".
Zeiss Ikon Contax II, Sonnar 50mm f/2, Sonnar 135mm f/4

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »
How? Even with stills where you can easily focus even manually?  I hope what you're saying is a joke.  There are lots of proud 5D2 owners around that can show you how "boring" their pictures are... What's behind the camera is what's more important.  :D

I was just joking :P If u read the poll answers theyre all really funny in fact ^^

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2012, 06:39:25 AM »