wifi works only as far as 5m
GPS coordinates are 3 km off
canon speedlites will not work in TTL mode
EF mount pins will lose contact after changing lenses a few times
absolutely no details in RED colors
the battery explodes
the camera only makes boring pictures
AF will only work proper with sigma lenses
the plastic EF mount (a last minute change) makes ugly noise when changing lenses
only working mode is "P"
light leak
pentaprism take on a brownish color after some time
display language can not be changed from japanese
first firmware update will brick the camera
to much DR.. so images will look flat

Author Topic: What will be the issue with the 6D  (Read 22455 times)

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Re: What will be the issue with the 6D
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 06:46:38 AM »
too much DR.. so images will look flat

;D  ;D  ;D Do not fear this ...
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:58:24 AM by tron »

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2012, 06:46:38 AM »

Canon-F1

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2012, 06:50:50 AM »
what this poll shows, or better say the replys,  is how humorless and blind to irony some canon users are.....  ::)

zim

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2012, 07:33:15 AM »
only working mode is "P"

Thats not an issue it's a feature, stops peeps from deliberatly underexposing by 4 stops  8)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2012, 10:40:20 AM »
That world does not exist! Try using the 'B' word in an airport ;)

"Brain."

:P
That is not a real word! the real word is Brain!

I know, you are going to take it as a compliment. ;)

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2012, 10:43:40 AM »

This could come in really handy, when you forget you have it and take pics of that gf your wife doesn't know about!  ;)

What do you mean by could? ;)

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 23, 2012, 10:48:49 AM »
That said, some truths are hard to accept.

... unless you accept them before spending your first $: tech gear is bound to loose value, break and being superseded by superior gear, and no tech standard (ef) or system (eos) is here to stay forever.
+1.  That's why we always say, shoot as much as you can.  It's all about your pictures and not about what you use to take those pictures.  Buy your tool and use it.  If something better comes after, as long as you have taken good pictures with your current tool, I don't think there'll be room for regrets.
+1

I have a great "hammer" in my 5D3. It is the idiot behind the camera that limits its "punch". ;)

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »

This could come in really handy, when you forget you have it and take pics of that gf your wife doesn't know about!  ;)
Or you could have the option to modify the GPS data so it reads in another preset location.
Man you must be rich! Where I live, 3 km away is surely another person's location (may be even 75,000 persons' locations).

(sorry, no offence, could not pass this up)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: November 23, 2012, 10:53:36 AM »

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2012, 10:58:53 AM »
A related topic, is there any moderation of the canonrumors forum? There is so much anti-canon stuff that is allowed to proliferate and seems mainly aimed at making canon owners think they make poor decisions and should be filled with regret. Instead, this forum could be a pleasant haven for Canon users where people share, solve and support one another. All it would take is some decent moderation of the anti-Canon crap from either bitter people or blatant trolls.

As long as they don't resort to personal attacks, name calling, or profanity; they shouldn't be moderated.  My job isn't to judge peoples personal opinions, they're entitled to them, and I would refuse the job if given it.  As long as things are kept civil, most things will work themselves out, and most dedicated trolls will leave out of boredom or banned because of bad behavior.  There are some forum members that started off with very trollish behavior and ended up becoming good helpful forum members.

Amen.  Very well said, and it speaks very well of the integrity of this entire site!

+1

A bit of humour and self-mockery never killed anyone. Let's keep it fun and light, it's just a camera after all....
No!!!!!! It is much more!
(am I going overboard here? may be I should stop. but then may be not. what is a mind if you cant change it? like lenses on your dslr...)

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2012, 11:12:34 AM »

That "feature" could have saved US tax payers at around $100 million: http://www.abc.net.au/science/articles/2012/06/05/3517805.htm:

Getting back to the snap-happy soldiers who cost the US taxpayer lots of money, back in 2007 at a military base in Iraq, they took delivery of some AH-64 Apache helicopters. These are not cheap choppers. In 2012, the price of a brand-new one was $38 million. The soldiers proudly took pictures of their new attack helicopters, and then uploaded them onto the web. Almost certainly, the soldiers did not realise that geo-location tags were embedded in those photographs.

According to Steve Warren, a US Army Manoeuvre Centre Of Excellence intelligence officer, "the enemy was able to determine the exact location of the helicopters inside the compound and conduct a mortar attack, destroying four of the AH-64 Apache".
Another reason to shoot RAW and delete exif metadata before converting to jpg! ;)

Jokes apart, 2006 I was not allowed to take my cell phone into a major military aircraft manufacturer's facility as it had a camera. Come 2007, all that the person said at the gate is "you can take it in but don't do anything silly with it". Then she elaborated that "there are too many cellphones with cameras these days". :(

I believe some rules are sacrosanct. Cant be compromised. Ever.

rpt

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 23, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
only working mode is "P"

Thats not an issue it's a feature, stops peeps from deliberatly underexposing by 4 stops  8)
Brilliant!  :)

symmar22

« Reply #40 on: November 23, 2012, 11:41:33 AM »
I think they changed the chassis material from magnesium to uranium 235, a bit heavier, but it doubles as a hand warmer in winter.

tron

• 1D X
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 23, 2012, 11:52:47 AM »
They will add four wheels and they will replace the strap with a rope so as the young kids will be able to play with it  ;D

AdamJ

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »
Could you please re-post this poll for the D800? Don't forget to increase the maximum number of boxes you can tick from 3 to 22.

Thanks.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #42 on: November 23, 2012, 02:22:56 PM »

sandymandy

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2012, 02:29:28 PM »
I think they changed the chassis material from magnesium to uranium 235, a bit heavier, but it doubles as a hand warmer in winter.

Thats cool! It makes the perfect match for my m42 lenses then (m42 lenses often include radioactive parts. They also emit gamma rays which pass right through everything  :o really unhealthy radiation)
for example:

EXTREMELY RADIOACTIVE! Super Takumar 50mm f/1.4 m42 japanese lens

symmar22

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »
Indeed it will be the perfect match :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2012, 03:53:51 PM »