wifi works only as far as 5m
GPS coordinates are 3 km off
canon speedlites will not work in TTL mode
EF mount pins will lose contact after changing lenses a few times
absolutely no details in RED colors
the battery explodes
the camera only makes boring pictures
AF will only work proper with sigma lenses
the plastic EF mount (a last minute change) makes ugly noise when changing lenses
only working mode is "P"
light leak
pentaprism take on a brownish color after some time
display language can not be changed from japanese
first firmware update will brick the camera
to much DR.. so images will look flat

Author Topic: What will be the issue with the 6D  (Read 21444 times)

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
Re: What will be the issue with the 6D
« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »
I own a 60D and I actually prefer the 60D buttons (those beside the top LCD) compare to 7D buttons. One button, one function... clean and simple.  ;D

Some people or companies think that computer mice with two buttons confuse people - for me I'd like more functions to be available next to the lcd, but it's hardly essential for me.

The thing I really like about the 60d layout is that I can do nearly everything with the right hand, and I'm ok with the multicontroller (I have never used a joystick camera body) - so if the 6d builds on this Rebel-type layout it might not be pr0 but it seems to work for a lot of people, including me.

Got a little bit of a hard time when I used my friends' 60D in a party but I'd say it's not that hard to get used to it.  After around 30 mins, I got the hang of it.  True, it's easy to control it with one hand just like my 500D and that's what I'm looking for when I get my first FF camera.  I've used 5D2 but coming from 500D controls, I'd say it's a little bit harder for me to get accustomed to it since you need both of your hands.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: November 24, 2012, 07:18:38 PM »

SJTstudios

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 25, 2012, 12:01:39 AM »
I own a 60D and I actually prefer the 60D buttons (those beside the top LCD) compare to 7D buttons. One button, one function... clean and simple.  ;D

Some people or companies think that computer mice with two buttons confuse people - for me I'd like more functions to be available next to the lcd, but it's hardly essential for me.

The thing I really like about the 60d layout is that I can do nearly everything with the right hand, and I'm ok with the multicontroller (I have never used a joystick camera body) - so if the 6d builds on this Rebel-type layout it might not be pr0 but it seems to work for a lot of people, including me.

Got a little bit of a hard time when I used my friends' 60D in a party but I'd say it's not that hard to get used to it.  After around 30 mins, I got the hang of it.  True, it's easy to control it with one hand just like my 500D and that's what I'm looking for when I get my first FF camera.  I've used 5D2 but coming from 500D controls, I'd say it's a little bit harder for me to get accustomed to it since you need both of your hands.
I guess canon's buttons are like a love/hate relationship  :o

Ryan708

• EOS M2
  • Less bickering, more shooting
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 25, 2012, 07:47:59 AM »
I like my 60D's controlls, although I did a bit of customization. I have the multicontroller set so that whatever spot on the 8-way D-pad I press selects that AF point, and the center SET button selects the center, and the button for zooming in preview (+) toggles all AF points. I can select any AF point with one button instantly.
 I also like the "my menu" deal in the menu screens, I stuck all my commonly changed things in there, like flash controll, Max auto ISO, highlight tone priority, mirror lockup, AF-assist beam firing etc. etc. I also like having the  "AF-ON" button disable AF while holding down, so I can MF my lens without switching it to MF
60D, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4, Tamron 70-300 4-5.6 VC, EF 50mm 1.8II, and a Sigma EF-610 DG superflash

7enderbender

• 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
My guess is that it may well be another camera that nobody is buying.
5DII - 50L - 135L - 200 2.8L - 24-105 - 580EXII - 430EXII - FD 500/8 - AE1-p - bag full of FD lenses

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2012, 11:13:42 AM »

We could take bets ... my guess is that the 6d will be sold a lot because...

... a) the dust-collector d600 has problems, too (and much worse low-light af)

... b) the current 5d3 price is simply and subjectively too much money for a lot of people in comparison to a lens you can get for the difference (or do other meaningful things)

... c) If you want to shoot @iso1600+ with Canon ff is still the way to go, the 7d2 next year might very well trade in more mp for still more noise.

So if you don't want to us tracking a lot, don't need the advanced features and customization of the 5d3 I don't see much against it, well, except for the Canon-like price.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2012, 11:15:52 AM »
No Multi-Selector  >:(

Ryan708

• EOS M2
  • Less bickering, more shooting
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »
I have a feeling the 6D wont need any method to select a focus point other than center. focus/recompose is probably the name of the 6D game
60D, Sigma 17-70 2.8-4, Tamron 70-300 4-5.6 VC, EF 50mm 1.8II, and a Sigma EF-610 DG superflash

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #66 on: November 29, 2012, 06:31:38 PM »

verysimplejason

• 1D X
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr Account
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »

Well, stock is gone so fast.  Is that a camera that nobody's buying?

shutterwideshut

• EOS M2
  • IR and Long Exposure junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 30, 2012, 05:11:44 AM »
I had a chuckle at this tounge-in-cheek posting.  The Canon 6D will be a fine camera, but it's biggest issue will be the Nikon D600.  On paper, it looks better across most specs.
Nikon is always an issue for Canon. And Canon is always an issue with Nikon...  ;D

;D ;D ;D
My Flickr
5D3 ı 7D ı 50D(IR) ı 20D(IR) ı TS-E24 f/3.5L II ı 17-40 f/4L ı 24-70 f/2.8L II ı 70-200 f/4L IS ı 100 f/2.8L  Macro IS ı 40 f/2.8 ı 50 f/1.4 ı 85 f/1.8 ı 10-22 f/3.5-4.5 ı Lensbaby Composer Pro ı Rokinon 8mm ı 600EX-RT/ST-E3-RT

Marsu42

• View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #69 on: November 30, 2012, 05:57:42 AM »
I have a feeling the 6D wont need any method to select a focus point other than center. focus/recompose is probably the name of the 6D game

That's why it's such a joke they added "orientation-selected af point" to the firmware :-o

But the outer af points might do, at least for non-critical shots which is (and supposedly was engineered to be) the difference to the "pro" 5d3. For handheld macro shots and the like with a thin dof where focus & recompose is no option multiple shots can be taken, just like with my 60d af which I also don't entirely trust.

DanielW

• EOS M2
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 30, 2012, 07:31:08 AM »

That's why it's such a joke they added "orientation-selected af point" to the firmware :-o

But the outer af points might do, at least for non-critical shots which is (and supposedly was engineered to be) the difference to the "pro" 5d3. For handheld macro shots and the like with a thin dof where focus & recompose is no option multiple shots can be taken, just like with my 60d af which I also don't entirely trust.

I don't trust them either, except for the center AF point, which seems to work fine with my 50 f/1.4. It seems I went lucky on this one, and my 50 doesn't require AFMA (thank God, cause I don't have it on my 60D). The outer AF points are rather imprecise in my experience, which makes me a focus-recompose expert! :)
And although I'm familiar with the fact that by focussing and recomposing you could in fact lose focus because of such thin DoF sometimes, in practice it works just fine for me.

Added: for macro shots with an off-center subject I prefer to use live view, repositioning the small rectangle and at the same time hoping the butterfly won't go away in the meantime...
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:41:34 AM by DanielW »

sandymandy

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2012, 04:41:15 PM »

Im using all focus points of my 1100D. I think you are exaggerating the situation a lot.

cocopop05

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »
I had a chuckle at this tounge-in-cheek posting.  The Canon 6D will be a fine camera, but it's biggest issue will be the Nikon D600.  On paper, it looks better across most specs.
Nikon is always an issue for Canon. And Canon is always an issue with Nikon...  ;D

;D ;D ;D

Of course, that is indeed true, though there have always been pro's and cons's when comparing image quality and AF specs with similar models from Canon and Nikon, and there usually is never a clear cut winner.  This is the first ever time I have seen two specs that at least on paper the Nikon D600 seems clearly better than the Canon 6D.   Having said that, I am going purely on specs and once both are available for testing, then it is possible that the D600 may not be a clear winner.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »

Marsu42

• View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2012, 05:23:12 PM »
Im using all focus points of my 1100D. I think you are exaggerating the situation a lot.
But can you *rely* on them to get it right like a pro shooter has to, or do you just take another shot if the af has missed? Look at this: http://www.lensrentals.com/blog/2012/08/autofocus-reality-part-3b-canon-cameras

This is the first ever time I have seen two specs that at least on paper the Nikon D600 seems clearly better than the Canon 6D.
Look again - the d600 has worse low-light af than the 6d. Canon may be greedy, but they aren't dumb and have probably isolated the one spec they can best Nikon in while cutting everything else back from the 5d3.

So if you need high iso not for fast shutter speeds (tracking & sports) but for low-light shooting, than an (actually "1") af that can keep up until -3 lv may be more important than a whole array of points that stop at -1 lv. I've read dpreview will do a af comparison 6d vs d600, it'll be interesting.

tnargs

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »

yes I too am sure he is exaggerating, however, my experience is that the more focusing points the camera has, the more useless (prone to error) is the 'green square' focus mode.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2012, 08:40:57 PM »