Gear Talk > Canon General

Authorized and unauthorized dealers

<< < (2/3) > >>

robbymack:

--- Quote from: RLPhoto on November 23, 2012, 04:31:29 PM ---No USA warranty service if purchased grey market or through an un-authorized dealer. If something breaks because of bad manufacturing, It will not be repaired for free. You have to pay.

I buy off Evil bay because my Insurance covers this anyway and I have no issues with that.

Good stuff.  8)

--- End quote ---

Insurance is not a warrantee.  I sell insurance for a living and I have yet to see a carrier who will cover a manufacturing defect.  Unless you have something uber-special (and likely really expensive) I highly doubt you have the coverage you think you have.  I'd suggest you read your policy again, specifically under covered perils (or covered causes of loss), my guess is you have coverage for theft, loss, maybe some coverage for property in transit, but not much else.   

That being said if you can confirm it does let me know who is placing it for you as I'd love to get in with this outfit. 

RLPhoto:

--- Quote from: robbymack on November 23, 2012, 06:03:09 PM ---
--- Quote from: RLPhoto on November 23, 2012, 04:31:29 PM ---No USA warranty service if purchased grey market or through an un-authorized dealer. If something breaks because of bad manufacturing, It will not be repaired for free. You have to pay.

I buy off Evil bay because my Insurance covers this anyway and I have no issues with that.

Good stuff.  8)

--- End quote ---

Insurance is not a warrantee.  I sell insurance for a living and I have yet to see a carrier who will cover a manufacturing defect.  Unless you have something uber-special (and likely really expensive) I highly doubt you have the coverage you think you have.  I'd suggest you read your policy again, specifically under covered perils (or covered causes of loss), my guess is you have coverage for theft, loss, maybe some coverage for property in transit, but not much else.   

That being said if you can confirm it does let me know who is placing it for you as I'd love to get in with this outfit.

--- End quote ---

My flash head on my 7D was defective from the factory, It wouldn't pop-up any more.

It was no longer covered because it was a Re-furbished body and canon wouldn't fix it under warranty services. They took it in and I paid my deductible to hill & usher. They took care of the rest and I got my camera back just fine.

I didn't have any fuss, but good service from them.

Dylan777:
You will not get 1yr Canon warranty. Canon will ask for original receipt from authorized dealer(s) ONLY

pwp:
A valid reason many professionals choose an authorised dealer is so as to qualify for CPS registration. Over many years and plenty of high priced purchases that could easily have been bought cheaper from gray market resellers, I don't regret for a moment buying from auhorised sources. Not only is there the CPS benifit which is a gold plated service in the city I live in, there is a very real value in the relationship built over time with ethical, knowledgable, professional sales people.

So while I may buy lower priced accessories from gray sellers, the big ticket bodies and lenses are always from the Canon authorised reseller.

-PW

bycostello:
the guarantee.... 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version