Image & Video Galleries > Landscape

Visiting Napa Valley. Need tips

<< < (2/2)

boateggs:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on November 24, 2012, 09:03:07 AM ---Keep your eyes open and be prepared to pull the car to the side of the road - there are lots of scenic vistas from there. 

--- End quote ---

although neuro usually has really good advise, use common sense and dont pull over unless it is actually okay to.  I cannot tell you how many times I have seen people pull over to get the picture but they 1) forget that many people are drinking and driving, 2) pretty much all roads are single lane and 3) dont pull off correctly and end up hampering traffic.

Have fun and dont drink too much unless you pay for a driver/wine tour.  Most wineries are very picturesque and the whole industry is built around curb appeal and the image.  Dont just go to the big wineries, the smaller one make better wine and are not as crowded.  We have over 200 wineries in just Napa valley.  I used to work in the industry but have since gotten out and dont want to give a biased opinion on wineries.  Just have fun

Canon 14-24:
Hands down #1 visit in napa:
+ Castello di Amorosa

killswitch:
Amazing feedback. Thanks folks. I have jotted them down on google maps for reference. Looks like my wife came up with similar points of interest. And really appreciate the advice on drinking and driving, I dont drink but I can't say the same for the other drivers that may be driving on those roads, so will keep that in mind. I had no idea, so thanks again for the heads up! You folks are awesome. ^_^

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version