1. Can apply creative filter effect to video.
2. Can display a calendar layout to select the date to view the photos
3. In live view mode, when activate the "Q" menu can let me set the AEB setting
4. In "M" mode, let me to choose using the top dial to control the aperture and the back dial to control the shutter speed or vice versa.
1. How much processing power would that take? Do any other cameras do it right now? I'd guess that the system couldn't handle it, especially at 1080p, but i could be wrong (it's highly possible that a P&S does it that i've never heard of)
2. Even my 4 year old olympus P&S does this, it also has 2x2, 3x3, 4x4, 5x5, then calendar when you keep zooming out on replay. my 7D only does 2x2 then 3x3, why not more? the processors in the 7d are bigger than the whole olympus camera. and i take a lot more photos on that. but i have set the top dial to jump by date, kinda makes up for it (if you can do that on 60d?)
4. 7D does this, first thing i changed when i read the menu options. if the 60D doesn't do this (they obviously have the capability) then they never will, it counts as one of the 'upgrades' to the 7D.
meanwhile, does the 60D let you choose max ISO when in autoISO mode? my sister's 550D does, a nikon 3100 i played with once does, my mum's 5 year old *istDL does. why doesn't my 7D?
Self-timer continuous drive mode would be welcome as well.
But then they won't sell as many TC80N3s, remote high-speed mode was why i bought it for birds without bumping the tripod (and got it off ebay (genuine canon even) for the same price as a new remote switch).
I'd like to see the focal length that a zoom lens is set at in the shooting function display of the info button.
Me too, but i doubt it'll happen. they've spent all that time and money engraving/painting numbers on the lens barrels...
Since those are Canon EF lenses that don't work properly with Canon bodies, it would make sense for them to correct the problem.
It would make nice for them to correct it, but not business sense. they've probably weighed up the probability/averages and think that they'll make more money from the people who get frustrated and upgrade a lens than ditch their whole kit to another brand in disgust.
The Canon 60D needs to get the Rebel t3i's Movie Digital Zoom.
This one, and most other suggestions above, probably will get implemented. they'll also update the name badge to '70D' and the price tag too...