Gear Talk > Lenses

whats up with my focus?

<< < (2/3) > >>

neuroanatomist:

--- Quote from: scoobert on November 26, 2012, 11:46:30 AM ---those little boxes are some type of permanent recording memory, tiny unusable photos. one time use, can you believe it?

--- End quote ---

Weird.  Just...weird.  Thanks for clarifying!

As for AFMA, here's a place to start:  http://www.the-digital-picture.com/Photography-Tips/AF-Microadjustment-Tips.aspx

Currently, I just use Reikan FoCal software.

awinphoto:

--- Quote from: scoobert on November 26, 2012, 11:17:23 AM ---running a lower ISO will sharpen up the image?
looks like my other lense does it too...

File Name: IMG_1570.jpg (Edit)

File Size: 692 kb - 1892 x 1261

Camera Make: Canon

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D

Date/Time: 2012:11:20 10:55:23

Resolution: 1892 x 1261

Flash Used: No

Focal Length: 18.0mm (35mm equivalent: 28mm...

CCD Width: 23.04mm

Exposure Time: 0.0080 s (1/125)

Aperture: f/3.5

ISO Equiv.: 2500

Whitebalance: Auto

Metering Mode: pattern

Exposure: Manual

Exposure Mode: Manual

--- End quote ---

I'm not positive what Noise Reduction you are using if any... but if you have NR on, it CAN soften the image as it tries to squash the noise...  So a lower ISO with no NR needed will look sharper than a high ISO with NR applied.  Personally it looks acceptable, micro adjust can fix it a tad, but it looks like a NR thing to me... 

zim:
Perfect example of how content and story is far more important than IQ, NR and all the rest put together, I’m drooling for all those lil’ 135 boxes. Bet that shop smells real great and yes I have a totally romantic unrealistic view of the past. ;)

sandymandy:

--- Quote from: awinphoto on November 26, 2012, 02:25:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: scoobert on November 26, 2012, 11:17:23 AM ---running a lower ISO will sharpen up the image?
l
--- End quote ---

Higher ISO = more noise = less details (since the details get replaced by the.....noise!)
Focus looks fine.

Turn off in-camera auto lighting optimizer, noise reduction, tone priority mode and then see what comes out.

--- End quote ---

ashmadux:
this is why i sold my 7d. Terrible focus....after it decided not to anymore. Was great at first.

and with no other canon body in its class, good luck with this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version