Quick Endorsement for Beach Camera
on a killer 5D3 eBay deal (discovered through CanonRumors.com)...
I purchased a 5D3 eBay deal from Beach Camera back in mid October. Having never purchased from Beach before, I was a bit nervous based on the killer price.
- I didn't get any scam crap upsell phone calls, emails or B&S tactics.
- I received shipping and tracking info within 48 hours of the Saturday pm purchase time.
- I received free shipping and the 5D3 arrived the Thursday after the weekend purchase time.
X - packing was my only complaint, they didn't pack the 5D3 box with any cushioning. (Really!?)
After a couple weeks, I realized the 5D3 had serious low light AF Lock problems, thanks to this forum. I contacted Beach Camera directly, spoke with Hal (xt 308) and he listened, treated me with respect and after our brief discussion, issued an immediate exchange RMA with paid return shipping. He also offered to cross ship a new camera but due to my extra low purchase price determined this wasn't a good idea based on the the refund scenario.
After our phone conversation, Hal also...
- provided me a direct email address where we exchanged more information.
- emailed and called me to let me know when my faulty 5D3 return arrived.
- personally oversaw that the replacement 5D3 got shipped back out to me same day
- sent return tracking info right away
- called to let me know the new 5D3 was on its way
I received the replacement 5D3 on the following Tuesday after sending it the previous Monday. 8 days round trip from TX to NY including two weekends, not long after Hurricane Sandy. Not bad!!!
FYI, Beach Camera appears to be the same company as BuyDig.com so that may be good for you depending on what you are buying.
I will likely buy from Beach Camera again based on their great customer service and zero BS after the sale. Thanks, Hal!