Gear Talk > Reviews

Review - Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD with Pictures

(1/36) > >>

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
For those interested in this lens, I have posted a full review to my website with photos and conclusions.  If uninterested, please disregard this message ;)

http://www.dustinabbott.net/2012/11/tamron-sp-24-70mm-f2-8-di-vc-usd-review/

RLPhoto:
Nice Review. My only gripe is I Wish the samples were bigger to see.  :-\

photogaz:
Nice review. Very informative.

I got mine yesterday.  It's as good as everyone says.  Sharp sharp sharp.

Can I ask you, what processing do you do on your photos? Lightroom or via PS actions?

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: RLPhoto on November 29, 2012, 01:42:05 PM ---Nice Review. My only gripe is I Wish the samples were bigger to see.  :-\

--- End quote ---

The gallery at the end has larger samples (most are between 800-1000 pixels).

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: photogaz on November 29, 2012, 01:58:48 PM ---Nice review. Very informative.

I got mine yesterday.  It's as good as everyone says.  Sharp sharp sharp.

Can I ask you, what processing do you do on your photos? Lightroom or via PS actions?

--- End quote ---

I always start in Lightroom 4.  I shoot RAW and convert to DNG in the first stage.  I try to do a lot of my processing in Lightroom for one primary reason - every time I go into Photoshop (I have CS5) or Alien Skin Exposure 4 (a favorite program of mine), my file turns into a TIFF (even if I flatten the image before returning to Lightroom) and takes up up 5x the room.  I use around 30GB of storage a month (before backups) as is, so if I do too many PS edits that can balloon to 60GB pretty quickly.

I only do edits in Photoshop if I need layering or to use luminosity masks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version