Gear Talk > Reviews

Review - Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD with Pictures

<< < (2/36) > >>

DanielW:

--- Quote from: TWI by Dustin Abbott on November 29, 2012, 12:36:57 PM ---For those interested in this lens, I have posted a full review to my website with photos and conclusions.  If uninterested, please disregard this message ;)

http://www.dustinabbott.net/2012/11/tamron-sp-24-70mm-f2-8-di-vc-usd-review/

--- End quote ---

Nice review and great shots!
Thanks!

killswitch:

--- Quote from: TWI by Dustin Abbott on November 29, 2012, 12:36:57 PM ---For those interested in this lens, I have posted a full review to my website with photos and conclusions.  If uninterested, please disregard this message ;)

http://www.dustinabbott.net/2012/11/tamron-sp-24-70mm-f2-8-di-vc-usd-review/

--- End quote ---

A very thorough review and to the point. Enjoyed reading it. Also, the sample images were just amazing.

Mt Spokane Photography:
I think I'd prefer it to the Canon Mark I version, but resale value will be a lot less.
I've owned a number of Tamron Lenses, including the 200-500, and they were definitely not spectacular.  I've considered buying this one, but I'm concerned that f/2.8 is not fast enough for my extreme low light work.

Quasimodo:
I really enjoyed your review. It was personal, balanced, thrustworthy and informative. I had hoped that more of the pictures would be able to open in larger versions to get a real feel for the lens. The onion I think I see in other pirctures as well (the bottle in the upper right corner, and in the large beautiful shot you have of a field with flowers in it). However, although I read that it is supposed to be conventional wisdom that this is a bad thing, for me I don't find it unappealing at all, and would even argue that it might add a touch of extra texture to the shots.

Looking forward to your next review!

G.

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: Quasimodo on November 29, 2012, 02:37:34 PM ---I really enjoyed your review. It was personal, balanced, thrustworthy and informative. I had hoped that more of the pictures would be able to open in larger versions to get a real feel for the lens. The onion I think I see in other pirctures as well (the bottle in the upper right corner, and in the large beautiful shot you have of a field with flowers in it). However, although I read that it is supposed to be conventional wisdom that this is a bad thing, for me I don't find it unappealing at all, and would even argue that it might add a touch of extra texture to the shots.

Looking forward to your next review!

G.

--- End quote ---

Thank you very much for the nice feedback.  Others have requested larger images in the gallery next time as well, so I will certainly keep that in mind.  This is my first go at a review of this length and depth, so I will hopefully improve with time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version