Gear Talk > Reviews

Review - Tamron SP 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD with Pictures

<< < (19/35) > >>

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
Hard to not love the lens when it produces images like this  8)

My Heart Belongs to Just One by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

smithy:

--- Quote from: TWI by Dustin Abbott on May 11, 2013, 09:34:53 AM ---Hard to not love the lens when it produces images like this  8)

--- End quote ---
I think you give the lens too much credit here.  You clearly have photographic and post-processing talent (don't let it go to your head), so I'm sure you could've achieved the same thing with a different lens.  :)

IMHO, compositionally the top of this image is distracting - I can't stop looking at the leaves at the top.   I'd suggest that you consider a landscape crop of the lower section containing the flowers.  (Sorry I spend far too much time critiquing photos).

TWI by Dustin Abbott:

--- Quote from: smithy on May 11, 2013, 08:36:06 PM ---
--- Quote from: TWI by Dustin Abbott on May 11, 2013, 09:34:53 AM ---Hard to not love the lens when it produces images like this  8)

--- End quote ---
I think you give the lens too much credit here.  You clearly have photographic and post-processing talent (don't let it go to your head), so I'm sure you could've achieved the same thing with a different lens.  :)

IMHO, compositionally the top of this image is distracting - I can't stop looking at the leaves at the top.   I'd suggest that you consider a landscape crop of the lower section containing the flowers.  (Sorry I spend far too much time critiquing photos).

--- End quote ---

I know what you are saying from a technical standpoint (and you are right), but the extra degree of in focus area including the leaves and the great color on them is part of what I personally like.  I like the narrow DOF, but within the larger context of the plant itself.  If I had wanted a more traditional macro I could have cropped in (there is plenty of detail there for a tight crop) ...and that credit does go to the lens 8), but in this case I was looking for a more contextual photo.

BTW, thanks for the nice compliment.  It's true - I don't think that equipment makes a photographer.  That being said - I have used lots of lenses and I do think that this one is pretty special.

TWI by Dustin Abbott:
Is it just me, or is that some nice bokeh?

Light and Airy by Thousand Word Images by Dustin Abbott, on Flickr

candyman:
It sure is.

Just yesterday I bought this lens.
I planned to buy the Canon 24-70 MKII. Friends would take it from the US that would save me some 400 euro. But they can't come on a transfer to Europe.

So I went to check the Canon and the Tamron yesterday since the Canon had 300 euro cashback and the Tamrom 50 euro cashback.
Now, I am not a pro. I found the IQ between the lenses very close. The Canon was sharper at f/2.8 in the corners. The Tamron had less accurate hits in AI Servo but still good. Vignetting was prominent in both lenses but nothing to worry about.
It was tempting.....to buy the Canon. But 950 euro versus 1650 euro (after cashback is a big difference.
My wallet did not want to pay a difference of 700 euro (Canon more expensive) with such close finish. So for my purpose of photography the Tamron fits very good. Feels good, build quality good, I like the stabilization.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version