July 24, 2014, 03:24:38 AM

Author Topic: Get Pluraleyes 3 Free with purchase of RODE on camera mic...sounds interesting.  (Read 1583 times)

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
I found this deal out there...thought ya'll might be interested.

http://nofilmschool.com/2012/11/buy-rode-mic-get-pluraleyes-3-free/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+nofilmschool+%28NoFilmSchool%29

Here's the PDF with the offer:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/FrameWork/Rebates_Promos/123112_RODE_Pluraleyes.pdf

This specifically mentions B&H, but I tend to buy most things from amazon with my prime account. I'm guessing amazon is an 'authorized dealer'...?

I have the rode videomic I use on camera, but I might use this as an excuse to get the stereo mic to use off camera hooked to my zoom H2 I have.

I've thought the pluraleyes sounded pretty cool to work with, and had read some reviews here online...so, anyway.

*sigh*   so many toys to buy...I really need to save and buy some gifts for other people...xmas IS just around the corner..hahaa

cayenne

canon rumors FORUM

pardus

• Power Shot G16
    • View Profile
Ya I have been watching that one. My plurals eyes 3 demo expired a month ago and is $199 on it's own which makes this a smoken deal. However, I already have an Azden shotgun that works fairly well. Will probably bite the bullet though, to get the Rode mic pro for essentially $30 is great.
5D MkIII | 7D | Bag of Lenses | Surfboards | Truck | Wife | Son | Dog | House | Life

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
Ya I have been watching that one. My plurals eyes 3 demo expired a month ago and is $199 on it's own which makes this a smoken deal. However, I already have an Azden shotgun that works fairly well. Will probably bite the bullet though, to get the Rode mic pro for essentially $30 is great.

Yeah, I've got the rode videomic that I've been using on camera, and I've frankly been thrilled with the results.

I hadn't looked at microphones in awhile...and the new stereo mic is intriguing...
I'm always game for new toys, I'm researching that, and might get that for putting on a boom pole, or since I record a lot by myself (cooking show)...I might put it on an old tripod I had that is tiny, but would be perfect for that....and hook it to the zoom.

Or, I'm about to maybe start doing some video for a couple of local bands in town, and I've heard the new stereo mic can record well at the -10db setting and you won't get your sound blown out by live recordings.

So, might be a good deal...I'm looking into it, and I'd through pluraleyes would be a good bit of software. I've not tried it yet, but have watched a LOT of demos of it on youtube and around the net.

Anyway, it runs through the month of Dec it looks like...so, especially if the RODE goes on sale that month...I'll quickly pull the trigger....

C

Viggo

• 1D X
    • View Profile
"sounds interesting"  ;D
1dx, 24-70 L II, 50 Art, 200 f2.0 L

cayenne

• 1D X
    • View Profile
I'd actually originally thought about posting to the Pricewatch deals section...

But reading about that part of the forum, it seemed it was geared ONLY for Cannon branded products....bodies, speedlights, lenses....or things that maybe directly attached to the camera.

Sorry if it was in the wrong place since it was moved..Just took my best guess at it....

C

gjones5252

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Its awesome. I saw this deal and ordered it immediately. The mic works great and if you have magic lantern you can record one channel from shotgun and one channel from the camera built in mic. I do this because it is nice to have and ambience track. Also plural eyes is amazing... Especially if you have cs6 or a newer nle. Took me forever to get the serial to plural eyes though. I have been emailing them and calling them and last night got an email finally. but in the long run works great. I just need to find a case for the mic now. its driving me nuts not having it in something good. May look into a single lens case.

canon rumors FORUM