Gear Talk > Lenses

Torn between 2 lenses

<< < (2/4) > >>

East Wind Photography:

--- Quote from: neuroanatomist on December 02, 2012, 12:55:44 PM ---Canon 17-55mm f/2.8 IS, no question. IMO, it's the best general purpose zoom for APS-C.

--- End quote ---

+1  That's the best choice.

McCardie09:
OK I think I will get the Canon instead of the Tamron.  Thanks everyone for helping me out.  :)

sagittariansrock:

--- Quote from: McCardie09 on December 02, 2012, 01:11:37 PM ---OK I think I will get the Canon instead of the Tamron.  Thanks everyone for helping me out.  :)

--- End quote ---

Good choice. I love mine on the 7D.

chicken:
I had my 7d till about a few months ago before I upgraded to a 5d3.  From the time my son was born till he was about 18 months old when I sold the 7d my 24mm 1.4 mkii pretty much never left my camera.  Its just an amazing lens on the 7d for indoor pictures with a baby.  I had a Canon 17-55 since I got my 40d years ago but it was nothing like the 24mm.  Its a whole different class of lens

pwp:
I'll add a vote for the Canon 17-55mm f/2.8is. You'll scarcely ever hear a bad word about this lens. If you buy carefully, you probably won't drop a dollar on it if you choose to change to FF at some time in the future. It's the sort of lens that will always be a very simple matter to on-sell. And in the meantime you'll have the perfect short/medium zoom for APS-C.

-PW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version