September 30, 2014, 06:27:01 AM

Author Topic: 1DX "Caution 02" Warnings AND Filthy Sensor.  (Read 10356 times)

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: 1DX "Caution 02" Warnings AND Filthy Sensor.
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
Nazereth, meant to say I got a phone call from a nice lady at Canon a couple of days later asking me to send in the body for repair. I told them I wanted it over xmas so it'll go to their UK Head Service facility in the new year. I'll let you know how it goes.
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »

stoneysnapper

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2013, 06:44:56 PM »
Nazareth, I got my body back on Friday afternoon. you'll find my story thereafter on another post regarding Focusing Screens however basically the sensor is a lot cleaner. I cant determine if it was 100% clean before I had my issues with the focusing screen however there are now only around 5-6 distinct dirt spots, they don't look like left overs from the previous issue.

I've been looking at buying a cleaning kit or two but one of the better dust pens given that it is distinctive spots might be a better bet along with a good quality loupe.

Did you clean yours yourself in the end or send it away?
1Dx, 7D, 24-105, 70-200 IS II, 16-35 II, 100mm Macro IS, 85mm F1.2L II, 24mm F2.8 IS, 18-200, Sigma 1.4x, Canon 2x iii, 430EXII, 600EX- RT, ST-E3 Fuji x100s and X-T1

Nazareth

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2013, 01:12:14 PM »
Sorry for htel ong delay- I haven't cleaned mine myself yet- I'm too nervous to try- I did buy hte cleanign stuff though- but haven't worked up the nerve to try- Probably the best way to go about it is to put camera on home insurance plan, then clean it- if anythign happens, just pay the deductible- but I haven't doen htis yet-

Jan van Holten

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
    • www.natuurfotografiejan.nl
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2013, 03:22:14 AM »
Have my 1Dx now for a couple of months. Send it twice to a Canon service center for cleaning. It did help a little bit.
When it arrived the sensor was very dirty. Canon must shame itself a little bit for delivering a top tool as dirty as it was. Altogheter I've spend several hours to clean it, but the dust is very difficult to remove. It is now on a acceptable level, I don't have to remove 50 or more spots a frame anymore.

For the rest, great camera with an outstanding autofocus.

Jan

mezzoutopia

• SX50 HS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 11:52:20 PM »
I had my brand new 1DX since early Feb 13.  I had also bought an extra original LPE4N batteries.  Was out with my family to a Marine Aquarium for a weekend holiday and brought my 1DX along with only one fully charged LPE4N.  Was at the Aquarium for about 4 hrs when my 1DX suddenly showed low batt and shut down.  I took the batterries out for a while and reinserted and it still did not work.  Last night, I put the battery into the charger and it showed more than 50% charge remaining.  When I took it out after 2 mins in the charger and put it back into 1DX, it still have 64% remaining.  Subsequently the 1DX shut down again after a few shutter clicks.  I decided to swop to another LPE4N and everything is Ok now but I have not tried to shoot until the battery is around 60% level.  I checked the "System Status Display" and there is no "Caution warning".  Has this happened to anyone of you before?  What do you think is the problem, the battery or the camera?

nightbreath

• 6D
    • View Profile
    • Свадебный фотограф в Днепропетровске
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »
I had my brand new 1DX since early Feb 13.  I had also bought an extra original LPE4N batteries.  Was out with my family to a Marine Aquarium for a weekend holiday and brought my 1DX along with only one fully charged LPE4N.  Was at the Aquarium for about 4 hrs when my 1DX suddenly showed low batt and shut down.  I took the batterries out for a while and reinserted and it still did not work.  Last night, I put the battery into the charger and it showed more than 50% charge remaining.  When I took it out after 2 mins in the charger and put it back into 1DX, it still have 64% remaining.  Subsequently the 1DX shut down again after a few shutter clicks.  I decided to swop to another LPE4N and everything is Ok now but I have not tried to shoot until the battery is around 60% level.  I checked the "System Status Display" and there is no "Caution warning".  Has this happened to anyone of you before?  What do you think is the problem, the battery or the camera?
I'd send both to Canon. Just in case there's something that doesn't work in the exact combination  ;)
Wedding photography. My personal website: http://luxuryphoto.com.ua

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2013, 01:59:37 AM »