Gear Talk > Lenses

Canon lens setup for weddings

<< < (5/5)

kyle77:
Nice shots Chuck Alaimo, the 85 1.8 does appear to be a beastly little lens, but ever since I tried out an 85 one point oh-my-gosh-that's-a-sexy-lens two at a camera store, I've had severe lens acquisition syndrome.  But I'll definitely give the 1.8 a look before I sell a kidney.

The new sigma 35mm 1.4 was also mentioned here.  My first thought when I saw that lens was that it looks like a Zeiss and at $899 it isn't too bad, but I've read reports saying it blows the Canon away in terms of sharpness but it's lacking in the bokeh department.

Chuck Alaimo:

--- Quote from: kyle77 on December 05, 2012, 03:57:55 PM ---Nice shots Chuck Alaimo, the 85 1.8 does appear to be a beastly little lens, but ever since I tried out an 85 one point oh-my-gosh-that's-a-sexy-lens two at a camera store, I've had severe lens acquisition syndrome.  But I'll definitely give the 1.8 a look before I sell a kidney.

The new sigma 35mm 1.4 was also mentioned here.  My first thought when I saw that lens was that it looks like a Zeiss and at $899 it isn't too bad, but I've read reports saying it blows the Canon away in terms of sharpness but it's lacking in the bokeh department.

--- End quote ---

if you want it...lol..won't stop ya... in fact... snag this used one!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/800909022-USE/Canon_1056b002_EF_85mm_f_1_2L_II.html

That'll save ya a pretty penny!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version