September 22, 2014, 04:29:32 PM

Author Topic: Anyone received their $2499 5D3 from bigvalueinc?  (Read 8804 times)

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone received their $2499 5D3 from bigvalueinc?
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:58 PM »
Just got mine today.. Rochester NY. They had shipped it out late Wednesday night I guess

Mine did come with warranty card and I registered it with Canon USA. They are US models which is nice.

Wow the thing knows how to focus in low light.. Lot to learn though. I think there are more menu screens then its max iso
Actually, you do not need a receipt if you register it.  It was a gift and grandma did not put the receipt in the package.  Canon will cover it, since its a USA model, and it was registered.

It doesn't mean you are under Canon 1yr warranty, unless you can show the sale receipt from an authorizeed dealer - in this case BigValue is not.

Enjoy your new toy

Canon doesn't care where the camera came from(grandma or grandpa). Original sale receipt is REQUIRED when it comes to 1yr service warranty.

Register online is just a helping you to save a stamp. Have you ever try to bring your Camera down for service? I did....the 1st think they ask is sale receipt from authourized dealer. PERIOD
Sorry, but I've had no problem that way.  Call Canon and ask them what to do about warranty for a gift - I did!

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2012, 11:41:58 PM »

cliffwang

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2012, 12:33:15 AM »
Sorry but you are just spreading misinformation. I have owned about 20+ 5D mark II bodies over the last 3 years and have had all of them in for service at some time. Not once have I ever sent in a receipt or warranty card to Canon and I have never been denied service under warranty.

If you don't provide the receipt, how Canon know when did you buy the Camera?
Canon 5D3 | Samyang 14mm F/2.8 | Sigma 50mm F/1.4 | Tamron 24-70mm F/2.8 VC | Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS MK2 | Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro L | Canon Closed-up 500D | 430EX | Kenko 2x Teleplus Pro 300 | Manfrotto Tripod

kbmelb

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2012, 01:10:58 AM »
As for 1 year warranties; I had a sync cable pin break off in my 5d3's PC socket. The whole board it is connected to had to be replaced. Canon said no charge!

PackLight

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »
Sorry but you are just spreading misinformation. I have owned about 20+ 5D mark II bodies over the last 3 years and have had all of them in for service at some time. Not once have I ever sent in a receipt or warranty card to Canon and I have never been denied service under warranty.

If you don't provide the receipt, how Canon know when did you buy the Camera?

Maybe they think their customers are honest.

RLPhoto

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Gear doesn't matter, Just a Matter of Convenience.
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2012, 09:23:08 AM »
My 5D3 is set to arrive next week. :)

ckwaller

• PowerShot G1 X II
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 03:43:30 PM »
Just my own .02 in regards to this.

After much debate (exclusively about price), I pulled the trigger and ordered a 5D3 on Thanksgiving evening, when bigvalueinc had them for 2886.06, shipped. My payment didn't go through until the following Saturday due to the holiday, and my original arrival date was November 29. That date came/went, bigvalue assured me they had them in stock and with US warranty (despite their growing negative feedback suggesting otherwise).

On December 1, I finally received tracking info that the camera was coming from Miami, Florida of all places! (I contacted some ebay members -- some received their cameras from NJ, some from FL). I received it today without a warranty card. The camera itself came in a kit lens box (lens removed) and was in tip-top shape.

As has been said already on the forum, I contacted Canon USA and they assured me that as long as I have the original receipt, they will honor the warranty (should the repair needed fall within its guidelines). So I'm pretty happy with things now, considering. Not trying to "spread misinformation," but I'm just going by what was told to me.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but as a sidenote, use caution should you purchase a warranty through Squaretrade. I did some research, and their warranty does not include accidental coverage (should you purchase through ebay or directly through them) specifically for the 5D3. There doesn't appear to be a way to include accidental coverage, either.

All told, I don't regret making the purchase (the price was too appealing) and I LOVE the camera. I just wish that bigvalueinc were a better vendor. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, and they are slow on the shipping (probably sold more than what they physically had in inventory is my guess). Word has it that they are a Grey Market vendor, so YMMV. It's a shame that all of their negative feedback seems to stem from the same issue(s).

For those who pulled the trigger for $2499, I hope your endeavors go smoother than mine did!
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 03:53:02 PM by ckwaller »

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
    • http://dylannguyen.smugmug.com
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »

After much debate (exclusively about price), I pulled the trigger and ordered a 5D3 on Thanksgiving evening, when bigvalueinc had them for 2886.06, shipped. My payment didn't go through until the following Saturday due to the holiday, and my original arrival date was November 29. That date came/went, bigvalue assured me they had them in stock and with US warranty (despite their growing negative feedback suggesting otherwise).

On December 1, I finally received tracking info that the camera was coming from Miami, Florida of all places! (I contacted some ebay members -- some received their cameras from NJ, some from FL). I received it today without a warranty card. The camera itself came in a kit lens box (lens removed) and was in tip-top shape.

As has been said already on the forum, I contacted Canon USA and they assured me that as long as I have the original receipt, they will honor the warranty (should the repair needed fall within its guidelines). So I'm pretty happy with things now, considering. Not trying to "spread misinformation," but I'm just going by what was told to me.

I'm not sure if this has been discussed, but as a sidenote, use caution should you purchase a warranty through Squaretrade. I did some research, and their warranty does not include accidental coverage (should you purchase through ebay or directly through them) specifically for the 5D3. There doesn't appear to be a way to include accidental coverage, either.

All told, I don't regret making the purchase (the price was too appealing) and I LOVE the camera. I just wish that bigvalueinc were a better vendor. Their customer service leaves a lot to be desired, and they are slow on the shipping (probably sold more than what they physically had in inventory is my guess). Word has it that they are a Grey Market vendor, so YMMV. It's a shame that all of their negative feedback seems to stem from the same issue(s).

For those who pulled the trigger for $2499, I hope your endeavors go smoother than mine did!

Not just any original receipt. From authorized dealer ONLY
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 04:48:10 PM »

Mt Spokane Photography

• Canon EF 600mm f/4L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 07:17:56 PM »

Call them, and ask them how you get warranty service on a item that was a gift, and I had no bill of sale!  I did.  They said register it within 30 days, and include a note about it being a gift.
Canon knows the date of manufacture from the serial number, and will know if you send in a 3 year old 5d MK II claiming you just bought it.  As long as the date of manufacture is reasonably close, they cover it.

PackLight

« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2012, 09:35:45 PM »

Thats an international warranty card, not US and Canada

Just pulled my warranty card off of the 24-70mm II I bought not long ago.

The US card has no such verbiage.
The card says "These Are Not Registration Cards"
The warranty is enclosed in the inside.
The warranty does not say that you have to purchase from a licensed dealer.
The warranty does say that the product has to be in its original packing when you receive it. This is the only thing that I see would void your warranty, the package is opened and the lens removed. But I doubt Canon would care.

The only thing wrong with this vendor is they are just out hustling a buck, they found a way to sell the camera cheap by breaking up a kit. They also have some rather bad reviews for customer service, and I think this thread would indicate that.

Edit; I have sent several warranty items in. I have never been asked for the card.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2012, 09:37:23 PM by PackLight »

RLPhoto

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2012, 09:38:56 AM »
Yes. It's fantastic.

PackLight

« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2012, 09:46:45 AM »
@RLPhoto, how long did it take from purchase to arriaval?

RLPhoto

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2012, 09:52:15 AM »
@RLPhoto, how long did it take from purchase to arriaval?

3 weeks.

victorwol

• Canon 70D
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »
I have never had to use the warranty card.... Not even the purchase invoice... Just call Canon, give the serial number and ship for repair or service. That's so far my experience..
1D X - 5D MKIII - 7D - 24 f1.4L - 8-15 L - 50 1.2L - 85 1.2L - 15 2.8 - 16-35 2.8L - 24-105 4.0L - 70-200 2.8 LII - 24 TSE - 45 TSE - 90 TSE - MPE 65 - 180 f3.5L - 100 2.8L II - 580EX and a few Einsteins.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2012, 09:53:50 AM »

PackLight

« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2012, 09:54:45 AM »
That would make a fellow anxious.

RLPhoto

• View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »
I'm a pretty patient guy. I've waited 3 years for the MK3 to be released, wait 6 months for the bugs to get panned out and waited a bit longer for a good price.

3 weeks went by quickly.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2012, 09:57:56 AM »