September 02, 2014, 05:49:09 PM

Author Topic: Renting 6D or 5D mark iii plus lenses?  (Read 1058 times)

rafaelsynths

Renting 6D or 5D mark iii plus lenses?
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »
So i've only had one dslr in my life which was the nikon d3100.  Which was back when I was 16 years old. I'm 18 now and just shoot around with my old canon canonet film camera.  What I wanted to ask is which camera do you guys recommend ? I'm going to rent either one on borrowlenses.com i'll be shooting photos in santa cruz california with my girlfriend.  I wanted to know if the canon 6D af is alright. Plus which walk around lenses do you recommend?  I was thinking of the 24-70 mark 1 or 24-105 or even the 135 f.2
I love how the canon 6D has built in wifi so my girlfriend can post the pictures we take on instagram.  I have one but i'm not too big about it since I mostly shoot around with my film camera and go to the local walgreens to process my pictures.
Plus should I insure the camera body?
I take very good care of my camera gear.  But maybe I should insure the lens?
I need advice from pros,am's and enthusiasts please

canon rumors FORUM

Renting 6D or 5D mark iii plus lenses?
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:06:55 PM »

Pitbullo

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: Renting 6D or 5D mark iii plus lenses?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 03:36:34 PM »
First, if renting, I would have insurance! The equipment is expensive, and accidents do happen!

For holliday shooting, street and portraits I´d say 6D. At least if it is a big difference in price. For this type of shooting you dont need the 5D3´s fantastic autofocus. It would only complicate the use. Lens wise? I dont think you can go wrong with either 24-70 or the 24-105. The latter is more flexible due to focal length, but f2.8 is also nice. However, the high iso capabilities of the 6D and 5D3 makes up for the loss in aperture. 6D and 24-105 would be a great travel combination!

Halfrack

• 6D
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 12:26:08 AM »
Duplicate posts to two different groups doesn't give you faster or better results....

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php?topic=11423.0
"Me owning a lens shop is kind of like having an alcoholic bar tender." - Roger Cicala

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 01:06:16 AM »
I agree with Pitbullo but it would help if you mentioned what lens you are most comfortable shooting with and what your goals are with the pictures.  Are you trying to achieve portraits that isolate your girlfriend, landscapes with her in the foreground, mostly indoor, outdoor, day, night, etc.  Since it sounds like you will want to do it all, I would get wide lens like the 17-40 or 16-35 and a longer lens like the 24-105.  Or you could even get a Tamron 28-300 VC ultrazoom for walkaround.  If you want nice portraits, get a 28/1.8 or 50/1.4.  Both would double as nice low light primes.  It all really depends on your style of shooting.  And don't forget a flash for fill.  Good luck and hope you have a good time!
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 01:06:16 AM »