Gear Talk > Lenses

New Sigma 35mm f/1.4 for Canon getting awesome reviews

(1/7) > >>

dswatson83:
I know lensrentals recently posted some awesome initial impressions of this lens and now another hands on that says awesome stuff. This is really shaping out to be possibly my next lens. The Canon 35mm f/1.4 is 14 years old and over $400 more and now that canon just took the cheaper 35mm, added IS to it, made it only an f/2, and priced it right along with the sigma at $850, I'm really considering the Sigma.

Check out this other hands on. You considering this lens? It sure looks nice and is built well too which is a good departure from what i'm used to from 3rd pary manufactures.
Sigma 35mm f/1.4 HSM Lens Hands On & Impressions - Spoiler...WOW! Small | Large

Nishi Drew:
I just don't know if 35mm is the right length for me yet, I'm more than ready to abandon the Canon 50 1.4 for this, and price doesn't matter anymore, as everyone is saying, blowing the competition away~

Harry Muff:
I think Sigma is having to up their game in order to have their bodies taken seriously.

Hopefully they'll be a major player in years to come. I wouldn't mind trying the SD1 with this lens to see how it compares with its Nikon and Canon counterparts.

Bentley2012:
When do you think you will have your review?  I will be getting either this or the Canon 35mm L very soon.  I also have the 7D which the lens will be mounted on.  Hopefully the second part of this review is soon.  Thanks.

dswatson83:

--- Quote from: Bentley2012 on December 05, 2012, 12:53:06 PM ---When do you think you will have your review?  I will be getting either this or the Canon 35mm L very soon.  I also have the 7D which the lens will be mounted on.  Hopefully the second part of this review is soon.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---
Already began the full review and have been taking shots all over the place. This lens is great thus far. Hopefully I will have it up Friday or Saturday. I also have the Canon 35mm f/1.4L so i'm putting them both in some side by side tests. Stay tuned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version