July 28, 2014, 09:35:00 AM

Author Topic: 5D Mark III Frustrated Focusing problem  (Read 8938 times)

cocopop05

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
Re: 5D Mark III Frustrated Focusing problem
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »
Here is my perspective. 

My first DSLR is also a 5D Mark III with 24-105 f/4 L and Speedlite 600ex-rt.  I can afford to buy this system, and am learning very quickly from my mistakes and from when I do get it right, which is happening more often now, but I still have much to learn.

If I had bought a 650D, then I would make the same mistakes as I have with the 5D Mark III, but in the shots I do get right, I would have more noise, less depth of field and with slightly softer images (assuming I would not have bought an L lens to keep within a tighter budget).

I believe I get more keepers with my 5D Mark III as it one of the most well balanced DSLR's around with very few faults.

No it will not make you a better photographer, but you will likely get better results when you get it right, have more keepers and quite simply enjoy using it.

I would not discourage any newbie from buying it, should they have the budget to do so.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, 04:53:30 PM »

Marsu42

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
  • ML-66d / 100L / 70-300L / 17-40L / 600rts
    • View Profile
    • 6D positive spec list
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, 04:59:50 PM »
Magic from that thing so far, and that was just a few snaps of my dog, and the xmas decorations up in the house....

I'm not disputing it's a great lens and I'd swap it with my 70-300L anytime - for free :-> - but that's what I meant when writing ymmv: When shooting your dog from your couch or going a few steps outside the size & weight don't matter, and if you're a strong person or a trained photog that doesn't travel a lot they might not matter at all ...

... but when exploring outdoors I can still dangle 70-300L+60d from my wrist for a long time without problems because of less torque, but with a flash like the 600rt mounted that's the absolute max I'd still consider "fun" (me currently) and not "work".

CR Backup Admin

• Administrator
  • 5D Mark III
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »
This is a friendly forum, not a place to criticize those who come for help.

The jerks who ridiculed the poster really need to cancel their accounts as well.  Maybe I'll do it for them >:(

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2012, 05:49:16 PM »