October 22, 2014, 12:22:56 PM

Author Topic: 6D vs 5Diii today...  (Read 9969 times)

rpt

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
  • Could not wait for 7D2 so I got the 5D3
    • View Profile
Re: 6D vs 5Diii today...
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »
I went for the.........

5Diii
Great! However, you forgot to add the "TaDaaaaaaa!" between the first and second text line! >:(
So do it again from the top! ;)

I am sure you will have fun! Remember, the hole in your wallet will mend. :)

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2012, 11:06:36 AM »

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 08:09:58 PM »
I went for the.........

5Diii
Great! However, you forgot to add the "TaDaaaaaaa!" between the first and second text line! >:(
So do it again from the top! ;)

I am sure you will have fun! Remember, the hole in your wallet will mend. :)

No, actually all those dots are supposed to be.......... (DrumRoll!)   :)

And I think you will love your decision.  Do us all a favor, test out the low light focus for us.  See if it focus locks quickly in a dimly lit room with and without AF assist.  (With and without a flash attached and/or powered on.)

Since some folks have had horrible problems with low light focus and others haven't had any problems at all, which camp do you fall into?  If you have problems, you'll know it immediately.  Then just return the camera and get another until the problem is gone.  That's what I had to do, return my new 5D3 and get an exchange.  The 2nd 5D3 works fine.
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

skitron

• Canon 7D MK II
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 08:30:25 PM »
I went for the.........

5Diii

LOL, so did I after getting a 6D and it not being my cup of tea.
5D3, 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, 100L, 24-105L, Sigma 50/1.4 DG, Canon TC 1.4x III

Nazareth

« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 12:25:26 PM »
The 6D is a tough camera to chose- on theo ne hand you have the crop sensor that offers more features for a bit less money- but is a crop sensor- on the other hand you have the 5D's which offer more but for more money (not sure hwat hte 5D2 is sellign for htese days, might be near the price of the 6D) The geotagging of hte 6D is nice- as is the wireless stuff- and from what I'm seeing, it appears to shoot good photos on par with 5D? but personally I think I'd go the 5D route (and pick up a 7D as secodnary camera both for reach with hte logner lenses, and for speed fps-- but in the end I went with hte 1DX as my primary and 7D as secondary- the way I figured it was that while the 1DX is 2x's the money it's also rated for 400,000 shutter actuations, is built like a sherman tank, is reaqlly weather sealed, has excellent low light (as does the 5D3) and is blazing fast and has a built in voice recorder, and since I love lsitenign to my own voice, I lsiten to recordings over aqnd over again because I can (just kidding)- I woudl however have liked it if it included geotagging-

I had briefly htought abotu savign my inheritance money and buying the 6D- but as rough o ncameras as I am, I figured I would need the toughness of the 1DX, and when the shutter does eventually go out, I can have it repalced reasonably and be hopefully set for aniother coupel of hundred thousand shots as the camera might be rugged enough that it's still in fairly good shape by then whereas the 5D3 might not be (I tend to trip a lot when otu in the woods walkign htrough tangled brush etc- and slippiong on rocks crossing streams etc- Of course though, I suppsoe you coudl get insurance for around $150 or so a year that woudl cover a replacement of the 5D3 shoudl somethign happen to it-

LewisShermer

• EOS M2
  • point shoot hope
    • View Profile
    • Business!
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 02:45:59 PM »
I did my first shoot with it yesterday, it's totally rad! It shoots like a dream. Image quality is amazing. Nothing low light though. Just a friend who needed a set doing for suicide girls... so full lighting set up. It reminded me of why i loved the 7D but it's so much more. even down to the dial on the back, the click is so soft yet satisfying.

do you think we'll be looking back in years to come with all new technology and think "how did we ever put up with the 5Diii???"?

It's bonkers just how amazing it is.

bonkers!!!
5Diii, 1Dsiii, 60D, 500D, EX580, loads of crappy flash guns... 28mm 1.8, Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art, 50mm 1.4, 100mm macro 2.8, 24-105mm 4L, 70-200mm 2.8L, lensbaby composer...

www.lewismaxwell.co.uk

LewisShermer

• EOS M2
  • point shoot hope
    • View Profile
    • Business!
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 02:51:28 PM »
I quickly processed one image, stuck it on my blog. it's not 100% processed and scaled down so not zoomable for pixel-peeping but it looks pretty spot on to me. IQ and stuff anyway. maybe the quality of the photography/photographer isn't up to standard... ;)

here's the link anyway http://wentdownfighting.tumblr.com/
5Diii, 1Dsiii, 60D, 500D, EX580, loads of crappy flash guns... 28mm 1.8, Sigma 35mm 1.4 Art, 50mm 1.4, 100mm macro 2.8, 24-105mm 4L, 70-200mm 2.8L, lensbaby composer...

www.lewismaxwell.co.uk

Nazareth

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »
lol yup- we'll probably look back and htink these new cameras today are dinos- and laugh at hte 'technology' that we thought was so innovative today- although, cameras have coem a very long way today compared to film days- makign hsots where film cameras could only dream of- very little noise- auto everythingg- etc etc etc- we really do have it good today- and even if we preferred the grains of old film, we can simulate it soemwhat today if we so choose-

If you ever get a chance- try otu hte shutter button o nthe 1DX- it's so sensitive and smooth I have to be careful not to breath on it or it will fitre off a couple of rounds lol- Much different htan my 7d for sure- Can't beleive how much better my photos look from the 1DX- it's almsot liek you have to try really hard to take a bad photo- as opposed to tryign relly hard with hte 7d to take good photos=- Coupled with my 85 1.8 it's quite hard to take a bad photo- everything just really looks nice- I imagine hte 5D3 is the same too- perhaps even a bit better IQ wise- You've got a great camera there-

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2012, 05:15:48 PM »

RustyTheGeek

• Buy and Sell
  • 1D Mark IV
    • View Profile
    • Images I've Shot...
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2012, 06:13:16 PM »
I quickly processed one image, stuck it on my blog. it's not 100% processed and scaled down so not zoomable for pixel-peeping but it looks pretty spot on to me. IQ and stuff anyway. maybe the quality of the photography/photographer isn't up to standard... ;)

here's the link anyway http://wentdownfighting.tumblr.com/

That shot looks really great/fun/cute, etc.  Thanks for sharing!
Yes, but what would  surapon  say ??  :D

Dylan777

• Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »
I went for the.........

5Diii

Congrats on your new toy ;)

I played with 6D for 2 days and decided not to have 6D as 2nd body. Maybe another 5D III or 1D X....if I get an approval from the boss at home ;D

6D reminded me why I jumped from 5D II to 5D III, AF system is not there :-\ :-\ :-\
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 06:56:29 PM by Dylan777 »
Body: 1DX -- 5D III
Zoom: 16-35L f4 IS -- 24-70L II -- 70-200L f2.8 IS II
Prime: 40mm -- 85L II -- 135L -- 200L f2 IS -- 400L f2.8 IS II

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 05:02:44 PM »