April 20, 2014, 03:42:19 AM

Author Topic: Article: Are Canon and Nikon killing off their best crop-sensor DSLRs?  (Read 6650 times)

ashmadux

• Rebel T5i
  • Art Director, Visual Artist, Freelance Photography
    • View Profile
    • Edward Ofori Photography
Re: Article: Are Canon and Nikon killing off their best crop-sensor DSLRs?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »

Personally, its been pretty clear that canon doesnt know wtf to do with the mid range- clearly shown by the miniscule amount of AF points and other simple things missing from the 6D.

The 7d was ahead of its time, too bad the noisy sensor sucked. Its sill one of canons best bodies, especially from a usability standpoint.

Th 7d as it exists now, with just a sensor and af upgrade(for all the Af issues that i experienced and canon couldnt fix), would still be one of the most killer cameras out there.

Guaranteed that canon will push the price to 2k (or even 2300- cmon this is canon), they will leave out features that will make your head scratch (you dont need those), and we will be making comments like

"if it only had this thing here..."

After the feature butchering of the 6d, 60d (no afma), M (garbage focus, tiny battery, etc), g15 (upgraded to no swivel, killed my purchase)...i dotn have much faith in canon these days if its not a rebel or the high end.
Be the best you, screw everything else.

canon rumors FORUM

Re: Article: Are Canon and Nikon killing off their best crop-sensor DSLRs?
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2012, 01:18:32 PM »