August 01, 2014, 10:04:35 AM

Author Topic: *UPDATE 2* Canon EOS 60D Specs [CR2.5]  (Read 25170 times)

dilbert

• Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II
    • View Profile
Re: *UPDATE 2* Canon EOS 60D Specs [CR2.5]
« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »
I know. This is infuriating. I NEVER would have imagined they would have pulled this... I'd have been all over the 7D if there wasn't so much controversy over its sensor. Too much to spend on a camera that might really disappoint with soft images.  (I know some sites show sharp ones, but others show soft ones.  I want my camera upgrade to have pretty solid kudos all around.)

Did it occur to you that sites which show soft pictures from the 7D are either using the wrong techniques to take photos, not doing post on the properly or need to tune the camera with the micro-focus adjust and are not?

It seems absurd that some cameras take sharp photos and some do not. My money is on all of them being capable of taking sharp photos but unless the photographer is equally capable and skilled, it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #75 on: August 28, 2010, 12:13:25 AM »

gkreis

« Reply #76 on: August 28, 2010, 09:15:47 PM »
I know. This is infuriating. I NEVER would have imagined they would have pulled this... I'd have been all over the 7D if there wasn't so much controversy over its sensor. Too much to spend on a camera that might really disappoint with soft images.  (I know some sites show sharp ones, but others show soft ones.  I want my camera upgrade to have pretty solid kudos all around.)

Did it occur to you that sites which show soft pictures from the 7D are either using the wrong techniques to take photos, not doing post on the properly or need to tune the camera with the micro-focus adjust and are not?

It seems absurd that some cameras take sharp photos and some do not. My money is on all of them being capable of taking sharp photos but unless the photographer is equally capable and skilled, it doesn't happen 100% of the time.

Yes, that occurred to me.

unexposure

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »

this could be an effect created by the lens, rather than the camera I guess.
"Old" (or not so good) lenses do not perform very well regarding resolution - and my guess is, that 18mp are already exeeding maximum resolution of most lenses.
A friend of mine owns the "old" 28-70 f2.8, I own 24-70 f2,8. I will do some testing next days comparing 7d vs. toycam1000d using those two lenses.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #77 on: August 31, 2010, 06:18:57 PM »