A lot of info. I really appreciate it!
After going through everyone's posts, here are my thoughts:
1. bokehliciousness is my new favorite word
2. Some say they don't see a noise problem in my pictures. That's because I shot at ISO 100(which still has noise on a 7D) and it is heavily processed in LR. These are ideal pictures scenarios. Bright light, low ISO, etc...Once it gets a bit darker, the noise is much more apparent.
3. Thinking of moving objects(my daughter), I set my camera to AI SERVO, turned off IS and snapped away. How would the focus on the 6D compare to this type of situation? I would hope it would be better? BTW, this was manually pressing the shutter button, not using burst.
4. I have thought of waiting for the 7DM2. I hope it's not too far off, but in all honesty, if they pin it below the 6D, I can't see how the noise will improve much.
5. Is using LR to clean up noise an acceptable practice? Does anybody really care if they like the picture? Most people that look at my photos(all but one really) don't even notice things like bad shadows, noise, sharpness, etc..
6. As for the "advantage" of a crop sensor. Don't take my words too seriously
I just meant that I get 1.6x vs. FF. Call that a pro, con, whatever. If I take a picture at 200mm with a 7D vs. FF, am I really getting a "closer" picture?
7. Again, the sharpness in my images are also improved in LR. And again, I ask, is it acceptable practice to use PP for things like this?
8. Without LR, I wouldn't be able to get the images I want. Sad but true. LR has allowed me to achieve the pictures I want.
9. I noticed someone mention the 6D will easily beat out the 7D in low light. Thinking about that, I like to take pictures without flash whenever I can. I like the natural lighting better. I think the 6D is much better for this scenario.
10. Someone mentioned the noise when taking bird photos. I agree 100%, the noise is really noticeable. If you look at bird pics on 500px, flikr, etc... they are so clean, I often wonder if I'm missing something. I hate to say it, but I'm pretty anal about noise.
I think I'm gonna hold off a bit longer. Possibly buy the 24-70 II instead and see what happens in 2013
As usual, I love this site and I appreciate everyone's feedback! Of course, tomorrow I might change my mind and want to buy the 5D3
I'm sure you all know how that goes
I think I might take my 70-200 into a store, put it one both the 7D and 6D, take some pics and then take them home and compare.