April 19, 2014, 12:12:45 AM

Author Topic: Dynamic range Nikon/Sony vs Canon  (Read 11258 times)

Arctic Photo

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic range Nikon/Sony vs Canon
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »
Hi folks,
Aspergers syndrome is a real problem for both sufferers and family, a dear friend of my family decided that the prime minister was in danger from terrorists long before 9/11 when we were still dealing wih the IRA. As a teen he decided, after his letters went unacknowledged, to acquire the ingredients for a bomb and post it to downing street un-assembled I hasten to add. This naturally caused quite a problem for the whole family.

So if this person has Aspergers then we should feel sorry for him and his family, breaking his obsession wil take serious proffesional help.

Of course he may just be a tit! ;D

Cheers Graham.

Many of these trolls unfortunately suffer from Aspergers.

"Asperger Syndrome is a developmental disorder. People with AS don’t have cognitive or language deficits. (If they do, they’re diagnosed with autism.) But they do have a difficult time interacting, communicating and connecting with others. They’re unable to pick up on social cues."

I have come across another forum baiter with similar characteristics: the constant need to push his opinion; obsessiveness; goad others; and sign himself as belonging to some official organization that he thinks somehow adds credence to him.
I wonder where this guy would send the un-assembled bomb though. Canon? CR-Guy? Neuro? Maybe Nikon for failing to support him publicly?

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2013, 01:38:35 AM »

Rienzphotoz

• 1D X
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2013, 01:39:45 AM »
Hi folks,
Aspergers syndrome is a real problem for both sufferers and family, a dear friend of my family decided that the prime minister was in danger from terrorists long before 9/11 when we were still dealing wih the IRA. As a teen he decided, after his letters went unacknowledged, to acquire the ingredients for a bomb and post it to downing street un-assembled I hasten to add. This naturally caused quite a problem for the whole family.
Yikes :o ... that is a big problem for the whole family.
Canon 5DMK3 70D G1X | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 24-70OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | Metabones EF adapter | GoPro Black 3+ | DJI Quadcopter | Manfrotto+Gorilap

Rienzphotoz

• 1D X
  • Peace unto all ye Canon, Nikon & Sony shooters
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 10, 2013, 01:42:49 AM »
I wonder where this guy would send the un-assembled bomb though. Canon? CR-Guy? Neuro? Maybe Nikon for failing to support him publicly?
100% to Neuro ;D
The said accused has a special affinity towards Neuro ;D
Canon 5DMK3 70D G1X | Nikon D610 | Sony a7 | 16-35/2.8LII | 70-200/2.8LISII | 100/2.8LIS | 100-400LIS | 40/2.8 | 50/1.4 | 85/1.8 | 600EX-RTx2 | ST-E3-RT | 24/3.5 T-S | 24-70OSS | 28-300VR | HVL-F43M | Metabones EF adapter | GoPro Black 3+ | DJI Quadcopter | Manfrotto+Gorilap

jeffa4444

• Rebel SL1
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2013, 09:32:06 AM »
The MP race is becoming futile I suspect that if Canon Rumors are correct that Canon are bringing out a number of new lenses in 2014 that is partially because the resolution you can get from 24-36MP sensors is not matched by the nyquist of the current lenses so while Nikon may have a 36MP sensor on the D800 /800E how many of the Nikor lenses can resolve the detail? The resolution is tied to the pixel pitch all of which have been getting smaller and thus show up the weaknesses of optics. 
Canon 6d, 7d & 550d with EF-S and EF-L glass

9VIII

• 7D
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 15, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
The MP race is becoming futile I suspect that if Canon Rumors are correct that Canon are bringing out a number of new lenses in 2014 that is partially because the resolution you can get from 24-36MP sensors is not matched by the nyquist of the current lenses so while Nikon may have a 36MP sensor on the D800 /800E how many of the Nikor lenses can resolve the detail? The resolution is tied to the pixel pitch all of which have been getting smaller and thus show up the weaknesses of optics.

I think you may have a point, but that point will be more valid when we're talking about 100MP sensors. Remember that images taken using a Bayer filter are not getting full RGB data per pixel, so whatever your target resolution is, you could benefit from quadrupling that number and downscaling. Just the fact that most cameras still use an anti-aliasing filter should be enough evidence that our current lenses are giving a lot more detail than we're actually capturing. The purpose of the AA filter is to eliminate patterns in small details that trick the sensor, if we had higher resolution sensors we would actually be recording that detail instead of throwing it away.

Arctic Photo

• Rebel T5i
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »
100% to Neuro ;D
The said accused has a special affinity towards Neuro ;D
I know, I was here all the way under another name. Can't say I miss it.

canon rumors FORUM

« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2013, 03:46:21 PM »